PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my motorcycle

guerro
03-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Ok, so its been 2 weeks since the wreck and I am recovering well. I was in a pretty severe crash on my Suzuki Bandit 1200 on March 4th. An inattentive driver pulled out and clobbered me. The bike was a total loss. The other driver, a 19 year old girl driving a 2003 4-runner, was issued a citation at the scene.

My right femoral neck was fractured. Basically a fractured hip. The doctor put 4 screws to reattach the femoral knob and said if the blood flow doesn't resume then the knob could die and I would be looking at a hip replacement. eeeek. So I can't put any weight on my right leg for 5 weeks while the bone grows back together, which basically means I can't walk for that period of time. I have a wheelchair for getting around school and a walker for around the house.

Anyway, just another chapter in my hectic life!

P.S. Just got the hospital bill today. $51,000.00

jarhed123
03-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Get well soon and try to forget the bike. Two many inattentive drivers out there to be ridding any more.

86NeSSP
03-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Glad you're OK... I hope you get better fast. The bill is not your worry as it is her insurances to worry about. I'm not sure I would ever get a bike these days. Like was said there are to many inattentive drivers today that are more worried about talking or texting on their phones than driving.

ImEvil1
03-19-2008, 09:41 AM
+1...Get well soon.

Bikes/scooters are very convenient for parking at school, but then you have to deal with stuff like this. :No no:

I hope you have someone at the house helping you out?

Andy
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Sure.....anything just so we don't have to meet up this year!
http://i26.tinypic.com/30uz5ow.jpg
Hope your feeling better. call me if you still have the number or PM me
I have a similar MC story:ranting:
again sorry to hear about your accident:(

SparkSVT
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Your lucky your alive. Motorcycles are great fun but with all the nitwit drivers on the road I just dont think they are worth it. When you crash a motorcycle your allmost guarenteed death or serious injury unlike if you do the same thing in a car. I hope you get better soon. I had a motorcycle ( Honda CBR600F4) before and would love to get another, but because of all the cycle wrecks I have seen and dealt with at work, I have a hard time pulling the trigger and buying one.

I hope you get well soon.

Chris