PDA

View Full Version : Jetsonic speaker housing color?

w4ata
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Just curious as to what the correct color is for the speaker housing, ultra flat black, semi flat black or gloss? I've not seen a new one and have tried ultra flat and semi flat on mine. The ultra seemed too flat and the semi showed up every little imperfection. Curious as to what colors other members have used and if any one knows what it is supposed to be?

predator20
03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
NOS jetsonic Mike M. pic

ImEvil1
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks, Brian. :thumbsup:

Bud,

I can take a close up of the speaker housing, if you want to see more detail.

w4ata
03-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks Brian. Looks like its a flat black, not ultra or semi.

Mike, a close up would be good to compare. Looks like I need to get regular flat black.

I've got a couple of nicks I need to fill in also.
Thanks

ImEvil1
03-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Bud,

It's hard to tell from this pic, but it's not completely flat, either. Maybe a semi?

jarhed123
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I used satin on mine and it looks good.

w4ata
03-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Bud,

It's hard to tell from this pic, but it's not completely flat, either. Maybe a semi?

I've got the semi gloss on it now and it looks very close to the picture. I got some satin in krylon fussion for plastic that I was going to redo the tops of the domes with also. The satin and the semi are very close. I think the semi has just a little more gloss than the satin. Either one would probably be ok when they are this close. I think I'll lightly sand it, fill in a couple of small nicks and try the satin and see how that looks.

w4ata
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, the satin black turned out real good, I believe that is as close as I can get to the pictures above. Thanks for everyones help.

y2kcobra88
04-26-2008, 02:25 AM
I like using the Black bumper coating in spray can from auto parts stores. The finish looks just like that when dry and you can scratch it all day with your nails and won't mark it one bit... superior exterior protection too.... Use it for door moldings, door handles, window moldings, mirrors, etc.... IMO