PDA

View Full Version : some fun stuff yesterday.

NoDrama43
04-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I received the information I had been waiting on regarding the 1987 FHP car. It was involved in a crash on duty in July of 1989. The copy of the crash report was still available and it listed the unit number for me (FHP 1564) and the name of the trooper driving it. My buddy in Tallahassee (FHP Assistant Deputy Director) is going to track him down and get me a phone number. Hopefully he will have some in service pics I can add to my documentation.

predator20
04-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Good stuff. Where did the car serve at?

NoDrama43
04-03-2008, 02:45 AM
not sure yet. waiting on the hard copy of the report to arrive the trooper that drove it lives in New Port Richey FL at the moment. I will know more when I talk to him.

86NeSSP
04-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Excellent news. The car will have a lot more history now that you are getting to track everything down and possibly talk to the trooper that drove it at one point. That is exciting stuff!

w4ata
04-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I received the information I had been waiting on regarding the 1987 FHP car. It was involved in a crash on duty in July of 1989. The copy of the crash report was still available and it listed the unit number for me (FHP 1564) and the name of the trooper driving it. My buddy in Tallahassee (FHP Assistant Deputy Director) is going to track him down and get me a phone number. Hopefully he will have some in service pics I can add to my documentation.

Great news Jim! Hope you get a chance to talk to him. Thats the route that made it possible for me to talk with the trooper that drove mine. I was thrilled to death to get the chance and he was excited that the car was being saved and restored. He was not aware that we were out here doing that sort of thing and very happy we are.:D