PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 Resto Discount

ImEvil1
04-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I've been in contact with the Advertising Manager over at 5.0 Resto off and on over the last few weeks. He is prepared to offer members here a 10% discount on any phone order for parts/services. In exchange, he asked that I provide him with a list of email addresses for the members (he offered sponsorship of the site, but I declined). This site costs me a minimal amount to run monthly, and it's never been about money.

I'd like opinions/feedback from you all on whether to proceed with this. I think that the addresses would be used for verification purposes, and he'd probably add them to the newsletter/special offers lists that they put out, which you could probably opt out of if you like.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to throw this out there....instead of paying for a membership elsewhere that gives you the benefit of these types of discounts, please think about joining the MCA (I know many of you already are members). I think it's important for those of us who aren't members, myself included, to join up and show support.

SparkSVT
04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
im not concerned if you give them my email address. I order parts from them anyway..

NoDrama43
04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
They should already have mine, however feel free to add it to the list.

Regarding the MCA...........I have been a member for a long time but in the past 5 years or so I lost my focus and drifted away. Lately I have chosen to take steps to increase my involvment with the organization. I like the group and internet aspect that we have here at SpecialServiceMustang.net, because of the knowledge we can share to properly research, document, and restore our cars. A perfect example of this is Marcos being able to find the unit numbers for several members cars over the past couple of weeks. This environment is a great asset to us all and a place where friendships can thrive, regardless of the fact they we may live 2000 miles apart.

I believe that the MCA is where we need to put our monetary support if we ever want to truly succeed in promoting our ssp cars. SSP owners that are MCA members helping out at an MCA show will promote a healthy relationship for everyone. I know Tom M. and Tony S. have been involved for years with the MCA and their hard work is appreciated.

Promoting our cars specifically and the mustang car hobby in general is, in my opinion, what the true focus should be. Our group here can be a strong ally with the MCA as we have members all across the USA and Canada.I hope everyone here that is not a member will give it some thought and join the MCA.

ok..I'm off the soap box.....time to go to work.....

Mustang Matt
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
You should know how I feel about it. We carry everything they have and then some (like package trays, SSP locksets and NOS radiator hoses) and at better quality. Not to start a fight but I bet most of their salespeople don't even know what an SSP is.

We also have SVOPaul at SVPU who is a true enthusiast that can get a lot of these things as well as stuff for the S197s. I think you have it all covered.

ImEvil1
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I understand, Matt. Just trying to offer the same benefit you guys already do to the folks who like to use them.

I don't think FMR can be beat when it comes to the NOS stuff and the hard-to-find parts (like the package tray repops).

NoDrama43
04-06-2008, 01:25 PM
You should know how I feel about it. We carry everything they have and then some (like package trays, SSP locksets and NOS radiator hoses) and at better quality. Not to start a fight but I bet most of their salespeople don't even know what an SSP is.

Matt,

do you have NOS blue silicone hoses? with the correct ford part number yada yada? If so I need several sets....

Mustang Matt
04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
We have a few uppers and lowers in Matts stash of NOS stuff. I got a set for my car. E6 part numbers. Like I said everything they have and more...

jarhed123
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
They should already have mine, however feel free to add it to the list.
I too have been a member of MCA for the past several years and just renewed my membership for the next 5. I would encourage the ones that do not belong to sign up and look at all the benefits to include the magazine which can be a wealth of information when restoring a Mustang.

Mustang Matt
04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Member number 50171. (can someone steal my identity from that?) I have been a member for at least ten years. No real great benefits until you go to an MCA show but the magazine is good and the stickers are cool...