PDA

View Full Version : Finally found....

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Some nice door panels for the '83 TX car. '83 was a one-year only for this style of door panel, as the '82 panels were different and black was dropped by Ford for '84. Same goes for the Walnut ones on the '83 CSP car, but I actually found a spare set for the '83 CSP car awhile back, which has nice, original panels in it anyway. Walnut is much rarer than black, according to the production stats Stew Jones put out, so go figure. Anyhow, I was very lucky to find these.

predator20
04-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Good deal. Post up some pics of the '83 TX or e-mail them to me. I've only seen the front.

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Good deal. Post up some pics of the '83 TX or e-mail them to me. I've only seen the front.

You aren't missing much....it's the roughest car I have. :)

Here is a rear shot...took these when I replaced the damaged steering column and broken ignition switch.

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
The rotted rear package tray(and rear seat)...you can see the holes where the PAR36 halogens were mounted.

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 09:51 PM
One more...I had the dash torn apart and this was just before I pulled the column. It's now back together with the correct steering wheel in it (just so I can move it). You can also see how bad the drivers door panel is warped. It's was actually warped much worse than the pic shows. I saved it to transfer the shotgun rack mounting points over, but it's not currently in the car.

You can also see the holes TX drilled into the console delete for switches for the e-equipment.

The seat is a temp...that I will have recovered when I do the rest of them. The original had been tossed and replaced with a plastic racing seat. :No no:

predator20
04-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Dang that is rough. At least it's mostly there....somewhat.

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Dang that is rough. At least it's mostly there....somewhat.

Like I said...you weren't missing much. :yes:

I have an NOS decklid for it, a nice replacement hood, and there's no rust anywhere. I think that the hardest part (other than 5 layers of paint) to deal with will be finding/replacing all of the emissions/vacuum lines and misc. stuff I'm missing under the hood. Good thing is I have the CSP car to use as a guide. It's completely unmolested. That and it came with this:

predator20
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, you need to change your name to Mr. Buildsheet. Your FHP's didn't have them though right? Just the '82 and both '83's.

ImEvil1
04-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Your FHP's didn't have them though right? Just the '82 and both '83's.

Correct...and the '92 I drove in-service (that I sold 2 years ago). I place blame on Jim Y. for the '85 (every car he touches that has one spontaneously eats the sheet). ;)

I checked the '93 in the usual spots, but I haven't had the carpet out of the car yet. I basically cleaned it up and parked it after I bought it at the auction (after driving it a little).

predator20
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I place blame on Jim Y. for the '85 (every car he touches that has one spontaneously eats the sheet). ;)

Yeah Jim must be cursed... as many ssp's he owns and not have one single buildsheet.

NoDrama43
04-06-2008, 12:43 AM
i did have a build sheet with one of my cars.......

so i sold the car.

now all my cars are the same............:thumbsup:

86NeSSP
04-06-2008, 01:11 AM
WOW, I haven't seen that car sine eBay! looks like it will be coming along when you have time to spend on it.

FlyinTiger
04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I think that the hardest part (other than 5 layers of paint)

That's nothing for a soda blaster. Saves a tremendous amount of time because you don't have to pull the wiring out.