PDA

View Full Version : Oh, YES I'm outta here!

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm coming HOME! YES, I was hoping today was going to be the day for a NEW JOB! I had to take a 35% pay cut from what I'm making now but OH WELL, I get to be home with my Wife, Daughter and the four legged children!

Ya hooooooo!

I'm so excited I can't contain myself. I just have to not DROP THE TICKER on the current place for a week and a day.

I know I will be in such a good mood knowing that I will be home next weekend and then 2 weeks after that I will be home for GOOD!

predator20
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
That's great Matt. Sucks about the pay cut.

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
That's great Matt. Sucks about the pay cut.

I am just glad to be coming home and the money is FINE for the family. I already cleared that with the BANKER/BOSS. Besides this will help us meet some goals for this year. I can't help to much around the house when I'm not there. The BOSS has really been wanting a back patio and this will go a long way to making that happen.

mac88chp
04-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Over a year ago I took a lesser paying job to rid myself of what had become a ridiculous commute and I haven't regretted it yet! Money isn't everything...enjoy your family and home life instead and have a life. :2thumbs:

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Over a year ago I took a lesser paying job to rid myself of what had become a ridiculous commute and I haven't regretted it yet! Money isn't everything...enjoy your family and home life instead and have a life. :2thumbs:

Said to well my friend! That is what I am headed home to do... Enjoy life and Family! The money stuff will all sort itself out in time.

SparkSVT
04-11-2008, 06:29 PM
what line of working are we talking about?

bluestang311
04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Good news Matt. Maybe in my travels we'll still get together....in Texas!!

ImEvil1
04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats, Matt. :thumbsup:

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
what line of working are we talking about?

Selling crack!

I mean IT application customization for standardizing installations across a global WAN (wide area network).
Just IT work, not your regluar hey call him my mouse stopped working kind of thing. I just take your standard off the shelf applications and make them a single button install that is already configured the way everyone is expecting it to be so they can be deployed without any one sitting at the machine to have it install.

That's it basically. now I am going to be analyzing migration issues when moving from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista in a large 140000+ global workstation Co.. Less real work and less REAL MONEY but it gets me home and it's a good rate for doing that job.

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Good news Matt. Maybe in my travels we'll still get together....in Texas!!

I'm sure we will still get together some time down the road even if it is at a show where we all travel to.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Don't forget your FOUR TIRED Children are missing you as well.:D

Tom

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Don't forget your FOUR TIRED Children are missing you as well.:D

Tom

I know, I know... I have a lot to do when I get home. There is more to me getting home than just being with the Family. I need to hit you up for a unity bracket!

Mustang Matt
04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats Matt, you deserve it. I took a similar cut two years ago that did not work out but now I am happy with the new - new job and agree with you on the money and family front. I missed a lot of my kids growing up and regret not making the move sooner. The money thing will work itself out, it always does- the time and family thing is much more complex. Don't forget to add the impact on your health in there too.. You come out a winner in a big way then.

86NeSSP
04-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Congrats Matt, you deserve it. I took a similar cut two years ago that did not work out but now I am happy with the new - new job and agree with you on the money and family front. I missed a lot of my kids growing up and regret not making the move sooner. The money thing will work itself out, it always does- the time and family thing is much more complex. Don't forget to add the impact on your health in there too.. You come out a winner in a big way then.

Health, YES. I was really starting to get depressed every day here. It was to the point that even talking to my wife wasn't cheering me up any more. I just really want to be home with the Family. I have lost close to 30lbs while being here by using my time to walk 4 miles almost every day since I got here until these last 3 months. I have just lost the will to do even that. I know that I have to get home to stay on the right track to continue getting healthier and get this funk lifted from around me.

86NeSSP
04-12-2008, 12:18 AM
the only thing that I have been enjoying the last couple of months is my weekend at my friends house where my new project is at that I must get finished up before I go home. hopefully the transmission will get me there.

CLICK_HERE (http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/m_buckmaster/Ranger/)

FlyinTiger
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Congratulations, Matt, on heading back home. I understand what you have been going through. I am right there with you, as I am 7 months into a 9 month separation from my family. I go home every other weekend, but the gloomy days hang around for both sides. My daughter just doesn't understand. Once everyone gets settled again, I'd like to get the Houston group together to meet the great people that I have around me now. I don't see why we can't have the comraderie that the guys in the great Northwest have.

ImEvil1
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Mine is not quite as bad as yours (or Matt's), but we are rapidly approaching the 5 1/2 month mark. Thankfully....we're almost there.

Donny...I think it'd be great for all of us to get together, once things finally settle down. I'm looking forward to getting back to work on the cars, too. I haven't been able to do much lately between everything going on at work and the house.

86NeSSP
04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, a Houston get together would be great!

The time away really does get to me after I'm back here a couple weeks after being home for a weekend. I am thankful that after this weekend I am going to look at routes to get me home that will possibly take me through Lufkin so I can take home the long haul award! That would be a nice stop point for a little while to get some food, chit chat, gas and head home! Be home for dinner with the Family!