PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to wire up the CHP car

SparkSVT
04-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Im ready to move on to wiring up and mounting the emergency lights and wire in my 93 CHP. One guy that works as a mechanic for our police garage said he would do it on the side fo 25.00 an hour. That seemed high but I dont know how long it would take. My question is what did you guys do for this part of the resto? Did you wire it all up yourself or pay someone. If you paid someone what was the bill for the job?

Thanks!!!

ImEvil1
04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Chris,

I do all of my own wiring. If you want, you can call me and I'll walk you through some of it over the phone. It's certainly not something to take lightly, but it's not that hard once someone shows you how.

NoDrama43
04-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Im ready to move on to wiring up and mounting the emergency lights and wire in my 93 CHP. One guy that works as a mechanic for our police garage said he would do it on the side fo 25.00 an hour. That seemed high but I dont know how long it would take. My question is what did you guys do for this part of the resto? Did you wire it all up yourself or pay someone. If you paid someone what was the bill for the job?

Thanks!!!

I did it myself. This car took about 16 hours to do it right........ There is no way I would let someone else do the work because very rarely do they do the job like I want it done.

Mustang Matt
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Dang, thats purdy Jim.

When you do you own wiring you know how to fix it when something goes wrong. That in itself is worth the extra time you will spend.

NHP Mustang
04-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Jim I have to tell ypu that is a awsome job on your wiring! , I also wired my own 1990 Nevada Highway Patrol Mustang on my own also, everything is fused and somethings double fused cheap insurance..

Ryan