PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Texas DPS for Sale on Ebay

Winterpark SSP
05-02-2008, 03:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-LX-5-0-1993-Ford-Mustang-LX-5-0-SSP-Texas-DPS-Trooper-Police_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ013QQit emZ230248983394QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This car looks beautiful. I know.....it is probably a member of this website:D

predator20
05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
This car looks beautiful. I know.....it is probably a member of this website:D

Close it's a members old car. The current owner may be a member, but I haven't seen any threads about the car.

Someone needs to tell him the highway patrol decal is totally in the wrong place. Should be at the top.

ImEvil1
05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Someone needs to tell him the highway patrol decal is totally in the wrong place. Should be at the top.

Yep...wrong decals, and shouldn't the '93 be a lightbar car and not a slicktop?

It's a nice looking car.:popcorn1:

FHP813
05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
+1 Nice car let's see what it goes for.:popcorn1:

86NeSSP
05-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Yep...wrong decals, and shouldn't the '93 be a lightbar car and not a slicktop?

It's a nice looking car.:popcorn1:

Yes ALL 1993 Texas DPS Mustangs were lightbar cars. this was David Philliposki's old car. I guess this guy couldn't keep it. Great rare black intrerior car!

scoutdrivinrebel
05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
That car should be a poster child for Ebay it's been on there so much over the past 3-4 years. I missed several chances to buy it, both from the guy in Victoria and from David P. I regret not getting it. I would be amazed if it sells for the price it's posted at, despite the fact that I think this guy paid David around 13K and some change.

92trunk
05-13-2008, 11:44 PM
So this car did not sell so I contacted the seller and he named a price. My question is what is a fair price? I'm looking for a ballpark number, I see from the last post he paid around 13k. So what do you folks think.

ImEvil1
05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
So this car did not sell so I contacted the seller and he named a price. My question is what is a fair price? I'm looking for a ballpark number, I see from the last post he paid around 13k. So what do you folks think.

Personally, I think 13k is way high for that car. The 24K mile car listed by 92B4C ended at around the same price, IIRC. I know it's apples and oranges, but it just seems high to me.

1992b4c
05-16-2008, 12:31 AM
To me it seemed high too, but I am biased with my car. Something about a low mileage ORIGINAL car you just cant beat! Marked units are nice too:)

I just hate it so much how the word Restoration is thrown around these days. Slap a paint job and stickers on it and call it restored. What a joke. Especially when its the wrong stickers and equipment. That's just the start of my gripe. To be restored, one should 100% disassemble the friggin car, correctly paint/plate everything, install all new bushings for the suspension, and the list just goes on and on and on. Very expensive. I have no problem saying a car has been freshened up which is about all that has been down to most cars I have seen. Most of the SSP's around don't really need to be 100% torn down and is not economical yet to do this in regards to a collector car value. Anyway, enough of my ranting, I just hate to see cars mis-represented. Not saying they are not nice cars, just hate the hype.