PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Oregon unmarked ssp on the corral

predator20
05-31-2008, 12:30 PM
It's the same one that was for sale in Washington or Oregon a few months back for around 2k http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1026425

old thread http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=621

edit I think the car was listed for $1200, when it was first for sale.

Vintageracer
05-31-2008, 12:38 PM
In today's world the lack of factory A/C on this car, while rare, kills the desirability of this car for most enthusiasts in my opinion and therefore will be difficult to sell unless the price is giveaway!

I know many of you may have a SSP with A/C that does not work. You still have the option of repairing the A/C. Try to get you wife intersted in riding in you "old" car on a hot day with no A/C.

I think this is one of those times where this car is "rare" but NOT desirable!

If this car truly was available at one time for $1,200, that parts car money so you definetely buy the car. At $3,500 I'll pass. To many other more desirable SSP's available for that kind of money!

predator20
05-31-2008, 12:42 PM
In today's world the lack of factory A/C on this car, while rare, kills the desirability of this car for most enthusiasts in my opinion and therefore will be difficult to sell unless the price is giveaway!

I know many of you may have a SSP with A/C that does not work. You still have the option of repairing the A/C. Try to get you wife intersted in riding in you "old" car on a hot day with no A/C.

I think this is one of those times where this car is "rare" but NOT desirable!

In the south, yeah A/C is a must. Up north may be a different story. One good thing about the '86 and older A/C delete cars is the heater core is the easiest swap ever! Most don't drive their older fox bodies daily anyway. When org is back up, I wonder if the car will be listed there, the seller is a member there.

Vintageracer
05-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Another consideration in today's world is location of the vehicle. This car's location in Oregon is definetely off the beaten trail. Transporation to Tennessee would be at least $1,500 on an open carrier. I would buy TR1's 1982 CHP car before this car. As a matter of fact I wanted to buy TR1's 1982 CHP car however transport costs since the car did not run would have doubled the purchase price so I did not buy the car!

The cost of restoration and transporation sure makes many of the restored SSP cars that are available for sale right now look CHEAP in my opinion when you consider purchasing a DONE car versus buying a project and restoring the car.

I hope the car gets a good home!

predator20
05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Another consideration in today's world is location of the vehicle. This car's location in Oregon is definetely off the beaten trail. Transporation to Tennessee would be at least $1,500 on an open carrier. I would buy TR1's 1982 CHP car before this car. As a matter of fact I wanted to buy TR1's 1982 CHP car however transport costs since the car did not run would have doubled the purchase price so I did not buy the car!

The cost of restoration and transporation sure makes many of the restored SSP cars that are available for sale right now look CHEAP in my opinion when you consider purchasing a DONE car versus buying a project and restoring the car.

I hope the car gets a good home!

The car was originally in Oregon, now it's in Illinois.

Vintageracer
05-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Illinois? That helps a bunch for us southern boys!