PDA

View Full Version : 84 OSP is going to a new home soon....

NoDrama43
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
a little something to wet the appetite some.

NoDrama43
06-17-2008, 11:46 PM
one more for the road :yes:

ImEvil1
06-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Dude....another sweet example of an early SS Mustang. I'm sure the new owner will be pleased, and I'm glad it's going to a good home.

NoDrama43
06-17-2008, 11:51 PM
yep it was a big ordeal to get it bought from "grandpa" but where it is going it will get the resto it deserves.... It is a solid complete, unmolested car.

86NeSSP
06-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Awesome!

predator20
06-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Who bought it?

NoDrama43
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
another member here..... ;)

FHP813
06-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Lucky :evil:. Congrats to the new owner. Neat car!

TR1
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Nice.. Making a little room?

NoDrama43
06-19-2008, 09:40 AM

as a matter of fact I am... :)

86NeSSP
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM

Yes because he's getting and 82 from YOU and also "still searching for an 88 and a 91 car." At least I guess those are some of the reasons... I have no idea what his count is on multiples of the same year anymore.

We're always the last ones to know what the fleet consists of and what they look like. He's to busy to have a real website so we can continue to DROOL all over ourselves.

NoDrama43
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
ouch....:headscratch:

actually I am selling the 84 since I have 2 of that year. I am going to keep the 84 dark blue unmarked car that is the consecutive vin to the one I am selling. I am selling it in a deal to get a 90 model.

I am buying TR's 82 since nobody else wanted it and I will make a choice to restore one of them and keep the other one for future purposes, maybe to restore maybe to sell I don't know. The car TR has might actually be a better candidate for restoration than the one I currently have I will figure that out when I get it here.

as for multiple years once I deliver this 84 and get the 82 delivered here I will only have 2 1982 cars and 2 1993 cars. I plan on keeping all four of them. I have an 88 located that I am talking to the owner about and if it all works out I will have that year taken car of. I still need to find the elusive 91. I would like to have a North Carolina car, or Nevada, or another GSP. I need to get all the irons I have in the fire worked out first before buying the 88 or 91. I will be very glad when I get them all bought so I can actually start working on them.

currently I have:

1982 CHP, 1983 FHP, 1984 WSP, 1985 TXDPS, 1986 Idaho, 1987 FHP, 1989 Michigan, 1990 Missouri HP 1992 CHP, 1993 FHP (unmarked), 1993 SCHP

I was just talking to EvilMike the other day about putting a website together. I will probably just do a Fotki Album. I know alot of people ask me for pictures but with work and school and family and cars I am very very busy. I will get a Fotki album up soon. I don't know what it costs but I probably have 500 pictures to put on it.

I am running about 5 hours behind schedule to get to the show in Columbus so I am out of here. I will take plenty of pictures at the show as it sounds like there is going to be a pretty good turn out of SSP cars there.

86NeSSP
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Jim,

I have been one asking about your cars for years now... I didn't mean for it to sting but hey if it helps you get some pictures up of the cars so I CAN SEE THEM then fine!

I would love to see all of them and where they stand today as I know that has to be an awesome sight to behold. I mean one of each year and almost all not duplicated.

Have fun and I know you're ALWAYS BUSY. Aren't we all?

biggee72
06-19-2008, 07:22 PM
What's the point of you having them if we can't enjoy them? LOL That's impressive. I'd like to see that 85 TXDPS...

predator20
06-19-2008, 07:47 PM
What's the point of you having them if we can't enjoy them? LOL That's impressive. I'd like to see that 85 TXDPS...

Not sure if it has changed from this pic below. Some pics of his other 4-eyed cars can be found here.
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340&page=2

86NeSSP
06-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Not sure if it has changed from this pic below. Some pics of his other 4-eyed cars can be found here.
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340&page=2

This is exactly what my CHP looks like right now all the way down to the white patch over the spotlight hole! If I didn't know that was taken in Jim's garage I would say that is my 85 CHP!

NoDrama43
06-23-2008, 12:23 AM
the 90 I have been talking about has officially arrived.

This is a deal that has been in the works for awhile and I am very fortunate to be able to own this car. It has made its way through several owners and is now at its final resting place where it will spend the rest of its days...(well my days anyway). A million thanks to Greg and Bonnie and so without further adooooooo......here she is....

NoDrama43
06-23-2008, 12:29 AM
ok..here is the rest of the car. :yes: It is a very good day today.... Brought the cars back to the house, had a nice dinner with Greg and Bonnie, and then loaded the 84 on the Henderson's trailer for the ride back to Georgia tomorrow. They will give the 84 a great new home and now....i just need the 88 and 91 cars to be complete the collection.

ImEvil1
06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Congrats, Jim, and also to Gregg. I can't wait to see that '84 finished.

86NeSSP
06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Excellent one you don't have to restore too! Sounds like a great purchase for all.

FHP813
06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Congrats to Jim, I've seen that car and it's a VERY nice car. Congrats Gregg on the '84, 4 eyes rock!!

Unmrkd
06-25-2008, 08:58 AM
We all have various reasons why we sell/trade our SSP's. I know some folks have asked "Why in the world did you sell the '90 MSHP???". The car is outstanding and beautiful with a ton of documentation. David Philipkoski (previous owner) did an outstanding job on it and Eric Prince helped me on numerious occasions with information and background. I am very greatfull to both.

Some of you may also be aware that I have a '89 SCHP that I am slowly getting together. It is my focus as I really have not seen any others completely done and I want this to be "MY" car. In order to move forward with it capitol is necessary. The sale of the '90 MSHP affords me the opportunity to complete the '89 SCHP.

I spoke to Jim the evening before I bought the '90 MSHP from David and he asked for the opportunity to purchase it if I ever sold it. I have collected three other standing offers since I bought the car but I elected to honor Jim's request and I'm delighted that it will get a special spot in the SSP Museum.

The little '84 OSP stole my heart when I first saw it at Jim's old storage facility several years ago. It was a natural for a cash and property trade. This is one "COMPLETE UNMOLESTED" suvivor. Folks even the automatic choke and cruise control operate correctly. It will have to wait till the '89 is done but it is safetly tucked away. Thanks Jim for working things out on the deal.

Thanks to all for the kind words, just wanted to offer some explanitation of the transaction.

PoliceSSP
06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Congrats to you Jim on getting a beautiful car and congrats to Gregg on also getting a beautiful unmolested car. Welcome to the four eye owners.

NoDrama43
06-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I spoke to Jim the evening before I bought the '90 MSHP from David and he asked for the opportunity to purchase it if I ever sold it. I have collected three other standing offers since I bought the car but I elected to honor Jim's request and I'm delighted that it will get a special spot in the SSP Museum. Thanks Jim for working things out on the deal.

The 90 MSHP car is outstanding. I will do a few things to it to "tweak" it a little and further the work started by the previous owners. Greg has always been very fond of the 84 OSP car and with me wanting to keep the 84 unmarked dark blue car for my collection the trade deal just sorta fell in place.

I want to say publicly that I appreciate Greg (and Bonnie) giving me the opportunity to own the car. I knew there were other interested parties but he stuck to his word and I consider him (and Bonnie) to be good friends. Friends like that are what makes this hobby enjoyable. I know that in the future the 84 OSP car will get the restoration it deserves to represent our hobby. :thumbsup:

Mustang Matt
06-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats to both of you. These cars always seem to stay in the circle and that is just fine. The more people that join the more people there are to trade with.

As for Jims motto:

Save the SSPs - collect the whole set !