PDA

View Full Version : 1993 CHP for Sale on Ebay

Winterpark SSP
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330249881138&rd=1

This car is beautiful. I am sure it is a members here.

predator20
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330249881138&rd=1

This car is beautiful. I am sure it is a members here.

I don't think it is.

While I don't condone cloning. I can see taking a FHP or CHP, two large users of ssp's and cloning it into an agency that is hard to find. Such as AL, etc. But cloning a FHP into a CHP, I really don't get that. It's not as if they are hard to find. To each his own.

FHP813
07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
He is not a member here.

chp1982
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
The ad says original CHP car as well. A typo maybe? Either way it's a beautiful car but hopefully it is not an FHP SSP. I like the picture of Riley's '82 in there.

ImEvil1
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
It is an original FHP car, unfortunately.

I'm with Brian on the cloning....and if the mileage is correct, it appears to be a pretty low-mileage FHP car, which is pretty hard to find these days.

The guy who owns it (if it's still Oscar P.) was apparently playing with the lights on the way back from a show in Atlanta. He almost got himself into some serious trouble with some North-Central Florida Deputies.

SparkSVT
07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
The guy who owns it (if it's still Oscar P.) was apparently playing with the lights on the way back from a show in Atlanta. He almost got himself into some serious trouble with some North-Central Florida Deputies.

What a stroker move that is. There's allways someone that has to do something like that. If I was the North Central Deputy I think I would have a hard time letting that go. I really believe theese cars belong on a trailer.

As far as the car goes, I would have done it as an FHP car just like it is supposed to be and trailered it to shows. Quite a few things look off on that car including the "Safety and Service" decals. I bought mine from M Squad and they do not look anything like his.I just bought an open full deck trailer and it was only 3 grand out the door. For 3 grand its so worth it and avoids the "Hey look at me driving a Marked police car down the highway!!" ordeal...

FHP813
07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
If it's the same car, it was done as an FHP car once. http://users.ilinkadv.com/evooa/evpaz.htm

predator20
07-08-2008, 08:09 AM
If it's the same car, it was done as an FHP car once. http://users.ilinkadv.com/evooa/evpaz.htm

Hard to tell from the pic but isn't that a Jetstream lightbar?

NoDrama43
07-08-2008, 08:41 AM
What a stroker move that is. There's allways someone that has to do something like that. If I was the North Central Deputy I think I would have a hard time letting that go. I really believe theese cars belong on a trailer.

As far as the car goes, I would have done it as an FHP car just like it is supposed to be and trailered it to shows. Quite a few things look off on that car including the "Safety and Service" decals. I bought mine from M Squad and they do not look anything like his.I just bought an open full deck trailer and it was only 3 grand out the door. For 3 grand its so worth it and avoids the "Hey look at me driving a Marked police car down the highway!!" ordeal...

+ 1 zillion.

SSPGARY
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
At least its a No Reserve auction from the looks of it. Someone could get a good deal.

TR1
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
To me the lettering just looks a bit off (wrong text or something) and the radio head looks like its from a motor. Nice Mustang but I would not have made a FHP into something its not. Weird:No no:

NoDrama43
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
The ad says original CHP car as well. A typo maybe? Either way it's a beautiful car but hopefully it is not an FHP SSP. I like the picture of Riley's '82 in there.

i must have missed that picture.

FHP813
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Hard to tell from the pic but isn't that a Jetstream lightbar?

I'ts a jetstream.

ImEvil1
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
+ 1 zillion.

What he said.

Seems to be lots of people out there who want to play police.

Winterpark SSP
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
These cars SHOULD be put on a trailer instead of being driven to shows. The "Not in Service" signs are barely readable from a far and the magnetic decal covers tend to come off while driving.

I also bought a beautiful car trailer used for $2K and use that to trailer the car, don't want to be a "wannabe".

As for the FHP to CHP I have one question: WHY??!!:headscratch:

ImEvil1
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I also bought a beautiful car trailer used for $2K and use that to trailer the car, don't want to be a "wannabe".

Luckily, we don't have any of those types participating here. :)

As for the FHP to CHP I have one question: WHY??!!:headscratch:

I think that the guy was worried about getting hassled in FL with having a marked FHP car. A trailer would have surely taken care of that issue. It'll take someone some serious cash to put the car back to what it's supposed to be.