PDA

View Full Version : WANTED:RIGHT SIDE QUARTER GLASS

SparkSVT
07-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I had an unfortunate mishap tonight with the right rear (passenger side)quarter glass on 5305. Long story short its broken and now I have a deep scratch in the white roof pillar area behind the glass. The car will go to the body shop for the spot repair/paint but I need the right side glass again. I can refinish one with repairable sun damage. The glass that was in there was freshly refinished and looked nice. Let me know if you have an extra in your parts you are willing to sell. This whole issue is making me sick to my stomach.

ImEvil1
07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage.....what happened?

SparkSVT
07-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I had the glass out and just got done refinishing the mouldings. I only loosely bolted the right side back in and got sidetracked:doh:. I forgot to go back and tighten the bolts down. I had to move the car from my house to the garage I rent for the car. Its about a 5-10 minute drive. I HATE driving this car on the street because its marked. I do have white magnet material to cover the decals for times like this. I have a trailer for the car that I just bought but the tie down straps still have not arrived mail order. So I put on the magnets and waited untill late at night to drive it to the garage with the wife following me. Well the window I forgot to bolt back in all the way took flight while I was on the highway and smashed on the ground. Thankfully it didnt hit anyone but as it took flight it struck the roof pillar with one of the studs on the back of the glass. Now I got a gash in the pillar and no window. David Philipkoski came through and is sending me a replacement. This week I will be bringing the car to a body shop to get the scratch removed and repaint that small area. I was planning to bring the car to its first show next weekend but now thats not going to happen:No no:

Im really not too happy about all of this but of course it could have been much worse.

:owned:

ImEvil1
07-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, now we need pics! :)

We all know stuff like this happens. I'm sure you'll refinish the replacement and have it back in shape soon.

SparkSVT
07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I will get a pic of the damage tommorow morning and post it up. I will get it taken care of it just sucks to have to go backwards in progress.

ImEvil1
07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, but I will bet that you will never do that again.

What are you using for sealant behind the window, BTW?

SparkSVT
07-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I had been trying to use silcone sealant but I was still getting leaks. What is the correct thing I should be using?

ImEvil1
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I had been trying to use silcone sealant but I was still getting leaks. What is the correct thing I should be using?

Per Jim Y, butyl-rope sealant. I think 3M makes it.

ImEvil1
07-19-2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.levineautoparts.com/wi.html

There are a few different options on that one.

NoDrama43
07-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Per Jim Y, butyl-rope sealant. I think 3M makes it.

yes.....use the following product. I use the 3/8 size and stretch it just a little when installing it. It goes all the way around the window on the small flat area near the studs. Once you set the window in and compress the sealant you almost have to use your foot to get the window back out.

NoDrama43
07-19-2008, 05:53 PM
pic of the actual product.