PDA

View Full Version : Another confirmed 1983 Texas DPS Mustang

ImEvil1
08-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm in San Antonio for a few days, and I stopped by the Texas Highway Patrol Museum today, after learning of the '83-'84 DPS car sitting in the back lot there from Matt B. a few months ago. It is a confirmed '83, and the VIN is 6 away from mine. It was partially "restified" by the last owner, who donated it to the museum about 5 years ago, but is still pretty unmolested. The staff at the museum were great and allowed me to see the car up close, take pics, etc. I left my card reader at the house, but I'll post up some pics when I get back home.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.thpa.org/

TxDps
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I was in San Antonio over the weekend on vacation. We were going to stop by on Monday, but they were closed Sunday and Monday. Over Christmas last year we stopped by and I got some pictures. What a mess. A weedy vine was growing up from the fence all over the car. But like you said, has lots of potential. We stopped by back in 2001 and the girl said they were freaking out as we circled the block before going in. We were in my 88 and they saw it through the windows...thought someone was stealing their car. Glas you were able to find out what year it was...

TxDps
08-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I've been adding a ton of pictures and documents lately...have spent many hours scanning and still have weeks worth to do. I came across a goldmine of Ford items...

I was going to post these also as I'm going along:
http://public.fotki.com/78charlie/special_service_mustangs/83-tsta-museum-mustang/

ImEvil1
08-08-2008, 11:37 PM
We cleaned the vines off.....it was incredible how they had taken hold. I'll post pics of that as well.

I forgot to add in my original post....two DPS Troopers are getting ready to restore the car. They would like to have it done for next year's Police Memorial Week in Washington, DC. The museum is also looking to expand, and they will be parking the car inside on display after completion. :2thumbs:

ImEvil1
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Ok...here's a couple of shots.

Interior....you can see the vines on the windshield.

ImEvil1
08-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Here's what the engine looked like when we first popped the hood. :eek:

We cleaned them out, but WOW.

I'll post more later.....it really is a nice car, and I'm sure it's going to look great when they are finished restoring it.

FHP813
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
:eek: Damn!!! Was there a motor under there? It also looks like black interior. I'm glad it will be restored and displayed.:2thumbs: