PDA

View Full Version : Need help about Unity lights

rouge67
09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
I would like to know witch type of Unity lights was used on the Mustang SSP ? And what was the arm length and plate ref. ? Thanking you.

HBWaterfowler
10-23-2012, 03:39 AM
I would like to know the details too.

The tech info says 5" and 6" I think head size.

But what about arm length?

There are also a few different models.
I've seen brown, black, white, grey handles.

Are they all the same? I'm sure the brass head painted black is a give away. But, what if you're looking for same model? Better chance of getting a same era specs spotlight, then actual CHP used in service spotlight.

Im looking for CHP 1984 version information.

My roommate's dad was a CHP officer, and was issued a mustang.
He's going to get some pictures and information, can't wait to add the picture here.

John10608
10-23-2012, 05:35 AM
This photo might help.
PM me with your name and address, I'll mail you a photo copy of the hole pattern and instructions from Unity that come with the mounts for the mustangs.

John10608
10-23-2012, 05:41 AM
By the way...... you need to have the pillar mount and have it attached to the car before you drill your holes !! It is used as a guide when drilling.
There are wires for the dome light in the passenger A pillar you have to be aware of also.

" WARNING".... Read ALL instructions before drilling !!!

lol

HBWaterfowler
10-30-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't really trust you John.
Thanks anyways.

Va 5.0
10-30-2012, 09:18 AM
This link has the info on the spotlights:

It shows the "K" 7 5/8" exposed shaft for mustangs(see chart)
"GM" shafts are 9" and work also.

http://www.sspcentral.com/library/unity.shtml

kapracing
10-30-2012, 09:35 AM
You should be able to pull your interior trim and see your original holes from the inside. You can then drill them from inside out ( they just fill them with bondo) then place your bracket over the outside hole to locate the original screw holes. At least thats how I did mine...

Va 5.0
10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
John is correct you use the 221 mount on the pillar as the drill guide if you don't already have the holes there. (This requires a long drill bit.) Mine were filled with bondo so I just drilled the bondo out.

Normal spotlights had one wire coming off the handle and Chp spotlights have 2 wires a red and a black. The handle in the 80's -90's was the black platic one.

I think the Unity S6 head = 6 "
and the H1 head =5"

rouge67
10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you Jack, good link. :2thumbs:

mac88chp
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't really trust you John.
Thanks anyways.Really? What don't you trust about his response?

John10608
10-30-2012, 06:48 PM
why did he ask if he already knew or thought he knew ???
why wouldn't he trust me ?

guess I won't send him a pattern to drill the holes with.

best of luck on that !!

I just did mine, even with original holes, I followed exact instructions, best of luck if you vary from the instructions.

if you have them.