PDA

View Full Version : Displaying SSP as other agency??

92 SSP
01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
My SSP is from a northern City in California and I personally think it would draw more attention displayed as a CHP car at parades and shows. The car was ordered the same as CHP's except for having door moldings, dual spots, and being an auto. I could replicate the orig but I think the CHP cars look so sharp, in some photos CHP had some all white cars used for motor carrier units.
Any thoughts on this, I would not be posing the car as out of the area or anything and it is not modded much and looks stock.
Thanks

92 SSP
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
"Dual spotlights, just like CHP's" is what I meant, just needed to clarify.

86NeSSP
01-21-2007, 08:56 PM
What's wrong with the service area it was with? Are the decals GAY or something? I wish I could get the Clifton City SSP that I stumbled across when I picked up my Texas DPS SSP M7-400... The car was originally a Texas DPS SSP but I think it would be cool to keep it as its last In Service look. Simple and I am sure they would not mind it at all if it was used as a show car. I am sure they have enough photos of it in service that it would be easy to put it back to it's in service look.

emerveh
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
My SSP is from a northern City in California and I personally think it would draw more attention displayed as a CHP car at parades and shows. The car was ordered the same as CHP's except for having door moldings, dual spots, and being an auto. I could replicate the orig but I think the CHP cars look so sharp, in some photos CHP had some all white cars used for motor carrier units.
Any thoughts on this, I would not be posing the car as out of the area or anything and it is not modded much and looks stock.
Thanks

I say dance with the one you "bought". There are plenty of chippie cars just waiting to be restored. You have a much rarer car IMO being that Chico PD had what maybe one, two, three, of them?? Perhaps offering the car to someone else and buying a true CHP car would be a better idea. Just an opinion, which is what you asked for.

92 SSP
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
I am not looking for a CHP and am very happy to get this one, just thought for show purposes it would draw more attention as a CHP. I do have an idea of the decals I need to go orig and its a pretty simple design. Being in New York and knowing no one knows where Chico is, thats it.
Chico only had 3, 2 88's and last my 92

xxtrpr
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Is that the 5.0 emblems on the doors?? That is interesting place for them. Whatever you decide to do with car congrats enjoy it.

86NeSSP
01-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Is that the 5.0 emblems on the doors?? That is interesting place for them. Whatever you decide to do with car congrats enjoy it.
Yep 5.0 on the doors... I guess the painter didn't know where they went and put them Chevy style on the doors like the trucks (Silverado 1500).

Man 3 only ever! I would stay with the Chico Service scheme...

You have a rare one for sure and to make it look like a CHP would kill that cars value if you can verify the service history.

Matt

92 SSP
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks, I have some history on it and description of light package so I will stick w/The City of Chico, Radar Enforcement

emerveh
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I have some history on it and description of light package so I will stick w/The City of Chico, Radar Enforcement

Good call Chris, please post up some eye candy of her.:2thumbs:

calimustang
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Clifton PD SSP is still there?

policemustang
01-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I always thought it would be cool to do an agency that never had Mustangs in their fleet. If I ever strike it rich, I hope to get permission to do a Texas Parks & Wildlife (Game Warden) SSP Mustang. It would be dark green with the correct door emblems and it would be a slick-top with "supervisor" markings on the lower edges of the doors. I know.....Texas Game Wardens never had Mustangs but the supervisors (Lieutenant and Captains) drive Crown Vics and Caprices. And doing a United States Secreet Service Mustang would be neat too but I am sure they'd throw a rod if someone thought of asking for permission for that!

mac88chp
01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
And doing a United States Secreet Service Mustang would be neat too but I am sure they'd throw a rod if someone thought of asking for permission for that!Hey Roman, those SSPs were all unmarked anyway and they didn't give this guy any guff about restoring his:

http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos/4/438439/1889073/89USSS01-vi.jpg

Then again, he used to work for that outfit.

Unmrkd
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
What year is that one Michael?

mac88chp
01-31-2007, 01:26 AM
What year is that one Michael?It's a 1989 Gregg. Still sporting it's original paint, owner says the USSS and later US Customs used it in the Chicago area. Awesome car.

http://images8.fotki.com/v160/photos/4/438439/1889073/89USSS02-vi.jpg

Unmrkd
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
That is indeed a special car. The paint is amazing to be original and survive the Chicago winter environment. You know I'm partial to the '89s - they are unique with the combination of mass air/good cam/no air bag/first year 160 speedo.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

mac88chp
01-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah, I'm very partial to the '87-'89s myself. Everything just seemed to come together those years for the Fox Mustangs in my eye with the powertrains and the interior and exterior looks. And every one of those years run strong right out of the box.

The owner of this '89 was a GSA auto tech and he serviced this and many other SSPs in the day and he kept track of this particular one until it became available to buy and then he jumped on it. I bet it led a pampered service life and now is an incredible survivor. He has been slowly restoring the original equipment to the car as it can be found.

http://images9.fotki.com/v164/photos/4/438439/1969681/DSC00159-vi.jpg

86NeSSP
01-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Clifton PD SSP is still there?

Yep, The car still sits as the County/City people have not decided to sell it yet. I guess they are waiting for it to start growing limbs and leaves out of it first. I mean if you are going to have a city vehicle sitting out on a public street behind the station you should at least keep it washed and air in the tires right!

What ever. I may go up there and see if I can talk to some one in person and make sure I have cash on me that day and the trailer behind the truck. That way if they let me buy it I can bring it home.

We'll see.

Matt

calimustang
02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Dang! Stubborn people! at least they are not racking up the miles.... Keep us posted..
Yep, The car still sits as the County/City people have not decided to sell it yet. I guess they are waiting for it to start growing limbs and leaves out of it first. I mean if you are going to have a city vehicle sitting out on a public street behind the station you should at least keep it washed and air in the tires right!

What ever. I may go up there and see if I can talk to some one in person and make sure I have cash on me that day and the trailer behind the truck. That way if they let me buy it I can bring it home.

We'll see.

Matt

87TXDPS
12-23-2011, 10:40 PM
What's wrong with the service area it was with? Are the decals GAY or something? I wish I could get the Clifton City SSP that I stumbled across when I picked up my Texas DPS SSP M7-400... The car was originally a Texas DPS SSP but I think it would be cool to keep it as its last In Service look. Simple and I am sure they would not mind it at all if it was used as a show car. I am sure they have enough photos of it in service that it would be easy to put it back to it's in service look.

I have Texas Dps M7-417, would you know or have any info about region, district, city, county, officers name, about our two cars since sequence is so close? Thanks for any info!

Greg

copcamaro
12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks

Living In ca. There would be NO way I would do a CHP!!!!!!!
As they say, variety is the spice and a local SSP from another agency, done correctly. would be a great attention getter!!!!.
There a lot of CHP stangs out there (done very nicely) may I say.
Go with the original dept.
Just My $.02 worth