PDA

View Full Version : 1989 SSP on eBay

SSPGARY
01-22-2007, 10:58 AM
RARE paxton supercharged model according to seller!:eek: Ha Ha.

ImEvil1
01-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Here's the link...wonder what agency this one was with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1989-SSP-1989-mustang-SSP-Rare-paxton-supercharger-4-wheel-disc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQhashZitem300 073231108QQihZ020QQitemZ300073231108QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW

calimustang
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Former owner pmed me with this..

It is a straight car. As you can see in the picture of the supercharger(lower right picture), the inner fender has some damage above the air cleaner. It could use a heater core. Rear Main seal leaks. It has 2 1/4" offroad H pipe, flowtech shorty headers, Flowmaster Catback system. There is a small spot of rust on the lip of the decklid, none elsewhere on the car. Unless he has painted it, it needs a paint job, as do most SSP's. It has an old repaint on it now. The front bumper cover is peeling. There are no dents, only a couple of small door dings. There are very few of these cars with power windows, cruise, etc. The power mirrors were not working when I sold it, and the power locks need actuators. The four wheel disk brakes require heavy foot pressure. As to the mileage, it is not documented and could be 164K. I owned it for 8 years and did not do anything to it, except a ford motorsports HD clutch. Just put 8K miles on it. The 10 hole wheels that were on it were peeled and I still have them in my barn. I put those pony wheels on it long ago, they are nice. The 1/4 windows were painted years ago with the shiny black paint of the repaint and are not oxidized at all. Cruise control works. 2nd gear will clash if you try to powershift it, but does not jump out of gear. The window tint on the doors and 1/4 windows is bubbling, the rear window tint had been replaced right after I got it. That is everything I can think of about the car.

I don't know what it is really worth. But it is a nice car that needs some work to be show quality. The body is real straight with no bondo on it except maybe a slight amount on the right front fender. It runs great and is fast with that supercharger. It ran 104.5 mph in the 1/4 at the track. All the modifications were done to it before I bought it. It is a Dallas DSO. I could not ever find out what type of service it had. There are radio wires in the trunk and wigwag headlights, antennae base on the right rear quarter panel. A mic clip on the dash pod, no holes in the main dash body. There was the remainder of a decal on the passengers door window that said. "warning, loss or theft will be investigated by the FBI"