PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Texas DPS SSP Unit# M7-400

86NeSSP
01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
SOLD 1987 Texas DPS SSP Unit# M7-400

This is one of 230 cars purchased by Texas that year. This car is not numbers matching as the previous owner had removed the engine transmission and I replaced the rearend as the one that was in the car wasn't original and it was HOSED.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357755_1094_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357755_866_full.jpg

1987 Texas ordered the car with the following options:
Single key lock set
Larger capacity radiator
Manual mirrors
Manual windows
AM/FM radio
Sounds surpression (ground straps)
Blue silicone hoses
No oil cooler
No cruise control
Relocated trunk popper
Black and white paint hood top and trunk lid white and the rest black
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357755_1082_full.jpg

This car does have the single key lock set.

The interior is not 100% original either as the red parts with the right configurations are really hard to find. In 6 months I came up with what I have in the car. The carpet, dash, fuse cover, glove box, door panels and the drivers side rear interior 1/4 panel are the only things that are original. Everything else was a pain to come up with.

There is equipment that is available with the purchase of this car and only to the purchaser of this car. If not wanted they will go into the storage bin for other Texas cars that might be purchased in the future.

The trunk lid needs to have the surface rust fixed as I sanded, painted the surface rust that was on it. No real cancer there nothing through the metal. The body is fairly straight with door dings and the roof has a light bar dent in it or from the installation or removal of. This was a slick top car for DPS and was a light bar car for another county/city after DPS auctioned it. The car other that normal little dents is straight as can be. The seats have fade and could be re-dyed as there are no tears. The doors need weather stripping and could use a NOS set of headlights. The car needs to have a good paint job to be excellent.

The hood and front bumper cover are not the factory ones that came on the car. The bumper cover was torn up under the drivers side and the hood had hood pins in it (pictures on cardomain). The front bumper cover came off of a totalled 88 DPS SSP and the hood came from another guy here locally.

The Engine has 117K from and 87 GT (non-A/C car) now with new hoses, water pump, thermostat, belt and timing chain. The A/C is installed but needs to be charged. I pulled it off of a running car. The vacuum lines have been repaired, as I couldn't find one in tact from and 87-88 cars. The A/C and heater box was removed and replaced with the box from the car the engine compartment components came from.

The transmission I bought as a rebuilt from my transmission guy as the one that was in the car needs to be rebuilt as it was in BAD shape and would not make a drive out of my driveway. I have a receipt for the transmission. The car does have at least to modifications that I am aware of. Flowmaster mufflers as that is what was on the car (no tailpipes) and I am having factory tailpipes welded on tomorrow. The rear end that I got to replace the one that came with the car had 3.73 gears in it. The car runs strong needless to say. Not and overly loud car but the drone is there. The reast of the drivetrain is factory Ford Mustang.

The wheels are brand new mount this time only with new Goodyear HP tires (225-60-15). The spare wheel is a factory SSP black with a directional tire but not a Goodyear or General.

There is still some work that should be done to the car. The brakes could be completely worked over as well as the suspension... But I am sure any car that has at least 139K needs to have that stuff done. I don't feel the car needs it done right now to make a 1000+ mile trip it is just something that should be done in the future. The budget was thin when I finished everything up or this car would have had all that done as well as the black and white paint. I didn't see anything that really needed attention in the car that I have not posted.I honestly would keep the car and drive it daily but I really must part with it. I have no room for it and I have 2 more projects that need to be put into running order and sold....

Please call and request pictures if you don't see what you need here or ask questions by replying.

The spotlight is not hooked up and not sure if it works, and the antennas are staying with the car as they are filling antenna holes.

I will get some more pictures of the car washed and cleaned as soon as it is not raining and lower that 50 degrees outside.

PICTURES here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/357755/09
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40

I am asking $5000.00 for the car and $350.00 for the equipment on top of the sale if wanted.

The equipment is this:
front strobe mount with strobes
Motorola X9000 control head (not 100% correct)
mounting brackets for control head
rear halogen lights
Texas State Trooper Bumper sticker
No fleet accidents sticker

matt.buckmaster@aplsolutions.net
832 725-1722

Thanks,
Matt

ImEvil1
01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Good luck with the sale, Matt. This is truly a car that was saved....I know we tend to overly use that term, but to buy one like this and do the work that you did, in such a short period of time, is truly remarkable. Just about anyone can buy one of these that's already put together, but not many have the ability or diligence necessary to bring one back like this. Good Job!

calimustang
01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I would do the very same thing you do if i have an garage and resources! So keep it up! :2thumbs:

86NeSSP
01-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Put it on eBay...

EBAY AD (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120079580155&rd=1&rd=1)

86NeSSP
01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Here are some clean pictures of it fro mthis morning.

86NeSSP
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Another one!

86NeSSP
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks everyone... The car sold lastnight on ebay with the BIN and it will be picked up Saturday and restored back to Texas colors B&W and IN SERVICE appearance for shows...

Matt

ImEvil1
02-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Congrats. :)

86NeSSP
02-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Congrats. :)

Thanks... I was really hoping Jim was going to get it when the auction ended without reaching the reserve again... Not sure why everyone elses car go for more but whatever. I guess if it had been black and white it would have sold for 6-7K but I wasn't going to have it painted and not finish the car off completely and sell it as a restored car and ask big bucks for it.

I guess it's OK since it is going to stay in the SSP community and get restored.

Matt

NoDrama43
02-14-2007, 01:34 AM
congrats Matt, I know you needed to move it. I was working on it......but too late. Keep your eyes peeled for a complete running 87 for me somewhere....

:)

86NeSSP
02-14-2007, 08:52 AM
congrats Matt, I know you needed to move it. I was working on it......but too late. Keep your eyes peeled for a complete running 87 for me somewhere....

:)

Like I was telling you I always run across 87 Texas cars when not looking. Hey I think Roman said there was one somewhere just sitting. It was verified by a trooper as well.

Maybe we should go hunting for this one?

Matt