PDA

View Full Version : Fox interiors

FHP813
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Found this in the Mustang Monthly.
http://www.mustangupholstery.com/literature/foxbodysellsheet.pdf

http://www.mustangupholstery.com/foxbody_mustang_products.html

I don't know if anyone has bought from them before.

Vintageracer
10-31-2008, 08:09 AM
TMI is by far the largest maufacturer and seller of reproduction Mustang interiors for all year Mustangs. IF you have ever bought repo seat covers for 64-70 Mustangs, the chances are they were TMI. Generally a good product. Some of the vinyls are not a heavy in thickness as originals however that is what is available. The covers generally fit very good. The key for the Fox Bodies will be the match on the cloth to the original material.

TMI has been offering modified seat seat covers that fit stock frames with new foam fitted for the more modern seat covers. These upgraded seat covers fit nice and look great if you are looking for a more updated looking and sitting seat.

For the SSP guys, the proof will be in the stock cloth short seat covers. Most of the cloth material has been discontinued from the major fabric suppliers like Miami Rubber for years. At this point I must assume that TMI has had the stock cloth materials reproduced OR they are going to sell a cloth seat cover product that is manufactured with close and available material but not exact material.

As I remember, TMI will be at SEMA next week. I will make a point of looking at these products if they are shown at SEMA while I am there next week.

Vintageracer
10-31-2008, 08:26 AM
A little trick that I use for repairing driver's seat covers on Fox body cars is to look for and purchase a front passenger seat that matches the drivers seat you are looking to repair. Take the seat cover OFF the passenger seat and install the passenger seat cover on the driver's seat frame!

All you have to do is remove the rear driver's seat back panel from the driver's seat cover and install the panel in the passenger seat cover. Rarely is this panel messed up on the driver's seat. This will make the seat back look proper where the rear seat release latch is located.

Next remove the driver's side seat bottom side piece nearest the door and install this panel in the passenger seat if needed. This gives you the proper side panel to match the holes for the seat hinge and lumbar control if needed. If this panel is bad, use the vinyl material from the passenger side seat back rear panel you removed from the seat back. Same vinyl, same color!

My trim shop does this conversion for me for $40.00!

The key to this repair is to advertise on your local Craigslist for the exact type of PASSENGER SEAT you need. Most guys will call and sell you a set of seats CHEAP because the driver's seat in the pair is junk and the seller just wants the seats gone. Again, only advertise for a front passenger side seat! Also get the matching rear seat if available, espcially if it is a coupe since they are much harder to find. You may need material from that seat also for your repair if your front seats are really junk!

Now you know the secret of repairing Fox Body seat covers on the CHEAP!!!!

WSP-SSP
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
thats a good way for sure, problem with swaping the skin off the passenger seat to the driver side is the holes left from the cover for the back rest release and the tilt handle plastic cover. I prefer a good set of non ssp lx seat skins or donor seats, you cant see if they are really ssp seats unless you take em apart at the shows... lol

go to the junk yards and get the stuff now before its too late.

Vintageracer
11-01-2008, 08:00 AM
The seat back problem is solved as I stated in my post. The only thing you swap on the seat back is the rear vinyl panel on the cover. The only hole this way is the correct hole for the seat release. The only thing you swap on the seat bottom is the lower side panels. This places the correct seat side vinyl panels with the correct holes in the passenger seat bottom that you are using

This is an easy swap. Much easier than trying to find a good driver's seat and cheaper also as GOOD driver's seats are very hard to find where I live.