PDA

View Full Version : Best Source(s) for Interior Stuff?

28HopUp
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey Guys!

I need to purchase the following items for my 1985 SSP:

headliner
carpet
dash pad
rear package shelf

Based upon your collective experience, are there any recommended vendors I should use? Any I should avoid?

TIA!

Bill

ImEvil1
11-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Guys!

I need to purchase the following items for my 1985 SSP:

headliner
carpet
dash pad
rear package shelfBased upon your collective experience, are there any recommended vendors I should use? Any I should avoid?

TIA!

Bill

Bill,

I'd go with Fox Mustang Restoration. Matt and Matt are good guys, and both are members here also. They also offer a discount to members.

I'm not sure if the dash pads they have been working on reproducing are ready, but the package trays are and they are excellent.

28HopUp
11-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. Their website shows dash pads (their website has lots of stuff!). Looks like I could get carried away and drop some serious coin there ;)

The interior of my car is Charcoal. I will be looking at a set of 86 gray seats next week that will hopefully clean up better than my latter-year hi-backs. Since the seats will remain gray, what color carpet would you all suggest? If I was looking to make this a 100% accurate restoration, I'd go gray. But I am leaning towards black carpet just on the basis of its ability to hide dirt/stains. My SSP will be a driver, not a show car.

I need a speedometer too. Any suggestions for locating one of those?

Sorry for all the questions.

ImEvil1
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Sorry for all the questions.

Don't be sorry...that's what we're here for. :thumbsup:

I'd go with whatever makes you happy, since you are going to drive it some.

You can find the speedos from time to time on eBay.