PDA

View Full Version : INDIANA STATE POLICE LIGHTBAR SWITCH

FHP#1118
11-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Not sure if Indiana state used SSP's but spotted this on Evilbay and though someone may have a need for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Federal-Signal-Police-Light-Bar-Strobe-Switch-Box-LOT-A_W0QQitemZ220310595696QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item220310595696&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I bought one and have it in my car right now. It's not correct, but I'll never find what they used and this looks good anyway.

mustangretriever
11-12-2008, 11:52 PM
It's not correct, but I'll never find what they used...

What did they use so that's so hard to find?

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
What did they use so that's so hard to find?

This:

mustangretriever
01-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow, that's actually kind of a good idea for a Mustang, everything up and out of the way. I thought I'd remembered seeing those in Galls. I checked the oldest Galls catalog I have (from 1996) and there's something similar but not quite the same in it.

Ever ask the ISP where they got them?

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
01-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Ever ask the ISP where they got them?
I have. I know one of their lead installers. He doesnt know where ISP got them and was pretty sure they were all gotten rid of after the cars were stripped. I'm still trying to get to go into their quatermaster section. I've been told theres a lot of equipment that was purchased, but never used. Some newer, some from as far back as 20 years. I'm hoping that there's 1 ofthose consoles left in a corner buried under something the have forgot about!!

EvocBruce
01-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Ron,

The more I look at that picture, the more it looks like it could be a regular between the seat console. If you turn the picture over, the contours are correct, and in the middle you can see where there are some rivits holding it together, where perhaps the front became the back, and then it was trimmed down to fit the headliner contour. Anyone else seeing this as a possibility?

mustangretriever
01-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Interesting idea, but I don't think so as it has built-in map lights on either side. There were companies that made headliner specific consoles 20 years ago. I'll scan that Galls page and post it sometime.

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I thought about that Bruce. When I checked it out at the Museum, the area with the maplights seems to be rigid and look like they were factory installed. I did score a siren like that so to speak, so I have 1 part of it. I've Googled about every piece of information on that thing and I don't find anything on it. Maybe I'll get to buy that car someday and I wont have to worry about it...;)

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
01-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Ron,

The more I look at that picture, the more it looks like it could be a regular between the seat console. If you turn the picture over, the contours are correct, and in the middle you can see where there are some rivits holding it together, where perhaps the front became the back, and then it was trimmed down to fit the headliner contour. Anyone else seeing this as a possibility?
Bruce....Now that I've studied the picture, I think there is a possibility that it could be a regular console of the era, cut in half height wise, and mounted upside down on the roof. ISP used to, and still does bracket fabrication what special mounting situations so I guess it's not too far fetch of a thought. The map lights look kinda generic like something thatcould be bought at an parts/accessory store or even JC Whitney. I guess I need to make another trip to the Museum to investigate it.

Anyone seen a console like this minus thew map lights? Speaker may be optional.