PDA

View Full Version : My 80/93 Cobra clone for sale- must go

Mustang Matt
11-21-2008, 10:47 PM
I am currently unemployed and looking at a surgery in the next few weeks and need to get this think out the door before then. Cannot give it away but the price is moderately negotiable but I am well below the good value level already. This is a one off custom car that was built from mostly NOS and all original parts that has won a ton of trophys as well as been photographed for several magazines. Price is 12,000.

pics are here:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/horseplayauto/80%20Cobra%20-Dusty/

The louvers that are pictured are not included. I may have them still available based on the current deal I have cooking on them. In the event that the car has not sold by the end of November some more parts will probably fall off of the car and it may end up looking a lot more like a 93 Cobra than what it looks like now.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Mustang Matt
11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
A little more info: Sorry for using so much space, lots to tell.
This car last belonged to a vintage Mustang restoration shop owner who held on to it as an incomplete project for a long time prior to my purchase. The car has a low mileage completely original 93 Cobra drivetrain. At his shop the car was converted to Capri quarters and fenders as a result of a dent on the rear quarter. I purchased the car in boxes after he lost interest and finished the project to how you currently see it in approximately June of last year. I spent countless hours searching for NOS replacement and good used original parts. Everything on the car is original Ford if it was available. It has been driven just over 7000 miles to shows and for cruising only. The car has not failed to win an award at every show it was entered, has been shot for two magazine articles (FFW Tire Tracks April 08, Modified Mustangs to come) and is a head turner everywhere it goes. The drive train is a (rare early intake) 93 Cobra and has less than 25k miles. While the car did sit for a long time it was well maintained and does not hesitate to start instantly, does not smoke and performs like a brand new motor and drivetrain. This car would be a great candidate for a power adder such as a supercharger or Turbo as the motor is very strong and still very low mileage. I preferred the original look but you could dress the engine up and really knock them dead at the shows. Louvers show in the pics are not included.

Exterior-
80-81 Cobra front air dam, hood and rear spoiler with 80-81 Cobra hood graphics
Marchal fog lights
79-83 Factory three piece rear spoiler in mint condition
93 Cobra replica tail lights
93 Cobra ground effects- ORIGINAL not reproduction
93 Cobra replica wheels with new 255/40/17 tires
Mercury Capri flared fenders and rear quarters, grafted by a professional vintage restorer
OEM 87-93 Mustang rear ¼ windows in perfect condition
Factory sunroof with NOS weatherstrip- no rust, all original hardware
Hand painted pinstripes- fits the old school look. If you don’t like them they will come off with a little lacquer thinner.
The stock Cobra hood graphic from Phoenix Graphics was hand trimmed to open up the center portions and let the paint show through.

Drivetrain- Stock 1993 Cobra
Under 20K miles on engine and trans
Valve covers have never been removed
No leaks, engine is super clean and original
Stock Cobra trans and shifter
8.8 inch rear with 3:08 gears for the long hauls…
Factory Cobra driveshaft and shifter
Walbro 190lph fuel pump and new fuel level sender
2 ½ inch H-pipe exhaust with Flowmaster Mufflers
Cobra throttle body, mass air etc.
New Steeda sport springs and Tokico Illumina struts in front
Koni red rear shocks, factory control arms with boxed uppers

Interior- Original 87-93 BLACK from a low mileage car
93 dash with 140 speedo (mileage reset to 0 at build)
Retro Mach 1 upholstery in black vinyl with early style large headrests
SVO lumbar air bladders in both front seats, 84-91 style pull out leg bolsters
OEM carpet front and rear
Pioneer stereo with Infinity speakers in stock locations- car is wired for trunk subwoofer
The very first set of reproduction front seatbelts for foxes
Leather shift knob and shifter boot
The car has a leather cruise wheel but Cobras had no cruise control
Two of the factory airbag sensors were removed to fit the front bumper cover but the airbag light does not come on

This car appears new in every respect. The engine bay is very clean and has a bone stock appearance- everything is original to the 93 Cobra except for the Alternator. The car has never been abused, raced or driven in rain except for one time when I was caught on the way home from a show. The undercarriage is very clean. It resides in a garage under a cover most of the time. The car drives straight and is very smooth, I have (accidentally) had it well over 100 mph on the highways and it tracks smoothly and just keeps on pulling. Title is in hand, clear and does not show salvage or rebuildable. You could fly in and drive it home and not think twice about it.

ImEvil1
11-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Beautiful car, Matt. Good luck with the sale.

FHP813
11-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Pictures don't do this car justice. It is beautiful and sounds just as good. Very unique car. Good luck with the sale Matt.

jarhed123
11-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I have seen this car several times and it always looks great. If you have space and money for another car it would be great to save this car in the condition its currently in.