PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Santa Clara equipment

92trunk
12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
As the title states, I'm loooking for equipment for my Santa Clara car.
Here is what I'm looking for:

Motorola Micor radio with a Styco antenna.
Unitrol Siren with amp.
5" round "steady red" light.

92trunk
12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Wow, no leads.

Has no one restored an Santa Clara car back to in serivce condition? Any leads or idea where to get equipment would be great.

ImEvil1
12-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Have you tried eBay?

Unitrol sirens and switches are on there pretty regularly.

The swing down lights were made and are still sold by a company in CA...whose name I cannot remember.

Jim Y. where are you? I know you bought one from them.

ImEvil1
12-31-2008, 01:45 AM
Found the link:

EES/Coplite. You want the Hot-Shoe.

http://www.coplite.com/EES-CopLite%20home%20page.htm

92trunk
12-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the link.

I have watched e-bay, I really have no idea what I need or what I'm looking at. I just don't want to buy the wrong equipment. I did find that the siren is still mounted in the car or should I say under the car. Here is a picture of the mount for the swing down light in my car and a picture of the radio head unit just looking for what trunk mount radio goes with it. Thanks for the help just want to do it right the first time.

ImEvil1
12-31-2008, 08:17 PM
No prob.

I'd recommend sending Nodrama a PM. He did alot of research when he owned a Santa Clara car. He called out there when the cars were still in-service, and most of what we know about the cars' equipment came from those calls. He should be able to provide you with all of the specifics.

Also on the Sti-Co...not sure how correct you are looking to get, but no one will be able to see the splitter and you can just swap the antenna mast out itself instead of paying $50 or $60 on eBay for a kit.

BADSGT
01-05-2009, 04:58 PM
That radio head you showed was the one that I threw in the trunk. You really need a spectra head. I will show you a photo if you want.
Stu

92trunk
01-05-2009, 10:06 PM
That radio head you showed was the one that I threw in the trunk. You really need a spectra head. I will show you a photo if you want.
Stu

That would be great.