PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Hates Snow!

SSPGARY
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
OK the older I get the more I hate snow! Three feet in two days and more to come. This is a pic of my 86 UHP car. I gave up brushing it off 2 days ago and lots more snow in the forecast. Time to go and shovel the roof.:(

1jerryl
02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Thats why I moved from the DC area to Hilton Head. Its our "winter" here, it got to 64 today. Its funny though, people still running around with big coats on, telling you how cold it is. Good luck on the snow removal, I know it sucks.

Jerry
91 X-CHP

xxtrpr
02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I always ask myself why do i live in this part of the country, can't seem to figure it out. I hate the snow and the cold sux what is wrong with us?

NoDrama43
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
7 inches here, 0 degrees at night, 12 to 18 degrees during the day. this time of year is when you need to have a project in the garage to work on. I spent two days this week on the honey do list, putting down hard wood floors on the first floor of the house. tomorrow morning I will be fishing on the Ohio river...brrrrrrrr.

i am seriously considering spending a couple of weeks fishing in south Florida........

Andy
02-09-2007, 12:13 AM
If I told you that we were on I-17 today on a motorcycle in tee shirts at 80mph
speeds from Black Canyon city Arizona to Anthem Arizona to do a Wall-Mart and
bank run ......And.....I don't think it was under 80deg....... please (please) know
that i am not rubbing it in but that I know ....(Know) we are blessed to be in a warm
place at this time of the year! it's strange how fast a year will pass .....and with this
said maybe next year we can plan a Specialservicemustang.net. Barrett Jackson
/Kruse auction car Guy get outta town event..... A Tee shirt weather event! I would
be honored to host and organize this event! just let me know? We will make it
happen! Mike we have a year to Talk!!! anyone want info about this year PM me!
http://i14.tinypic.com/350jbsm.jpg

bmt336
02-09-2007, 04:05 AM
snow, WTF is that...

sorry.

policemustang
02-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Here in Lufkin in east Texas where I live, we get about 2 inches every 3-4 years. At most, we get a trace of snow annually and we never know it comes unless the weather man tells us it did.
Anyway, we'd be glad to take some of that snow from you guys if we could.
Kids around here must take vacations to the mountains to learn and see what snow really is!

Hang in there!

NoDrama43
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
still below freezing here day and night.....and now up to 14" of snow possible for tonight. we havnt had this kind of continuous cold and snow for ten years up here.

Andy
02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
That's Windslow Arizona in the rear view mirror last Friday (such a fine sight to see)
and that is snow up ahead 40 miles south of Windslow you are in the pine trees
not scrub pines but tall pine trees and SNOW. nothing like the midwest but still ice
on the roads if the sun is not been up awhile.... two hours south and you are in Tee
Shirt weather again!
http://i14.tinypic.com/44s2krc.jpg
this is the Windslow city limits sign. we have never been seen standing on the corner
in Windslow Arizona ever! on the side of the road only!
http://i13.tinypic.com/4h7riiw.jpg
this is as close as the snow came to our house this year.
this is 50 miles North of down town Phoenix! this January!
http://i2.tinypic.com/2qsnpmo.jpg

emerveh
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey Snowbird that's WINSLOW.:D

http://www.hamptonlandmarks.com/HamptonLandmarks/images/landmarks/standinonthecorner.jpg

Andy
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=emerveh;1149]Hey Snowbird that's WINSLOW.:D

Hey new guy to Arizona we have lived here 32 years. Question? Do you have
anything to offer this forum other than spellcheck?:D ......do you have a SSP Mustang?

NoDrama43
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM
wow...learn something new every day.

I like that song... and now I have my own version.... :) sung to the same tune....

I'm standin on a corner in winslow arizona, checkin my computer to see....

its a clown my Lord in a two tone ford, and he is settin his sights on me....

Here comes Andy.....or is it Krusty?

I should have known to keep my mouth shut before he nails me......

Come on Krusty.....I hope your rusty....I got to know if your web love is gonna test me....

Come on Krusty come on Krusty.....I got to know if your web love is gonna bust me.....

Andy
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Jim.....Please......i usually do not like to give advise but i sure hope you keep
your day job and don't go full time in this song writing thing?:watchout:
Also...... finished up the last of the tree stump removal and now need about 5 yards of ABC to bring it up to grade for the next building project..keep warm and dry! spring will be here soon!!! talked to friends in Idaho today....said it was 60 buds were out???

emerveh
02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=emerveh;1149]Hey Snowbird that's WINSLOW.:D

Hey new guy to Arizona we have lived here 32 years. Question? Do you have
anything to offer this forum other than spellcheck?:D ......do you have a SSP Mustang?

Absoluttly nought! Why are you the Mod??? And besides if you are only here half the year then you have only been a resident for 16 years. HA!

NoDrama43
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Jim.....Please......i usually do not like to give advise but i sure hope you keep
your day job and don't go full time in this song writing thing?:watchout:
Also...... finished up the last of the tree stump removal and now need about 5 yards of ABC to bring it up to grade for the next building project..keep warm and dry! spring will be here soon!!! talked to friends in Idaho today....said it was 60 buds were out???

if i could see tree stumps here I could grind them off too....but its all a white here.......tomorrow morning sounds like it might be interesting with the snow and ice starting tonight around ten.

Andy
02-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Jim...if next year looks anything like this year we would like to see you here for a car guy get out A town car auction and car show......tee shirt wearing January event!

And for Chuck........E
Chuckie Lookie......We both know that I have been an Arizona resident long
before you..... and We both know that WE have had this snowbird conversation in
the Past so let's review just one last time (one last time) I started working when I
was 15 and retired early. I have been an Arizona resident since 1975 and with hard
work and Gods blessings my wife and I have earned the ability to spend our
summers in a Cooler climate in another state sometimes people have a hard time
understanding this because they want to find the (box to check) for us.... we always
have the (if OTHER please explain) box and that is not a bad thing just not
the norm. the first time you seen a post from me (on the other site) i was in Idaho but
Idaho is not where I retired from....Arizona is. I know i have explained this to you
before and I will not explain it again. If you continue to reefer to me as a Snowbird
i will just assume that you are retarded and being retarded is ok as long as you
understand your limitations!

emerveh
02-13-2007, 12:43 AM
And for Chuck........E
Chuckie Lookie......We both know that I have been an Arizona resident long
before you..... and We both know that WE have had this snowbird conversation in
the Past so let's review just one last time (one last time) I started working when I
was 15 and retired early. I have been an Arizona resident since 1975 and with hard
work and Gods blessings my wife and I have earned the ability to spend our
summers in a Cooler climate in another state sometimes people have a hard time
understanding this because they want to find the (box to check) for us.... we always
have the (if OTHER please explain) box and that is not a bad thing just not
the norm. the first time you seen a post from me (on the other site) i was in Idaho but
Idaho is not where I retired from....Arizona is. I know i have explained this to you
before and I will not explain it again. If you continue to reefer to me as a Snowbird
i will just assume that you are retarded and being retarded is ok as long as you
understand your limitations!

SELF PORTIATE OF ME FUR YU
http://skp36.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/retard.jpg.w300h341.jpg

ImEvil1
02-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Picture no workie and you really can't see the avatar, either.

emerveh
02-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Picture no workie and you really can't see the avatar, either.

It's better that way. I should leave Andy be for now. :o

ImEvil1
02-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good deal....I liked your other avatar better.