PDA

View Full Version : Just discovered my Coupe is 84 SSP TX DPS D.S.O.57-0132

TexasMade
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
I recently bought a 84 Coupe, and after looking over it I notice alot of little strange things. the wierd console, holes in the A-pillar plastic, 140 speedo. So I started looking around on this site, and discovered the buck tags. Sure enough D.S.O. 57-0132 has been found. The car has came from a long line of owners who mustn'tve known. Here are a few shots
When I bought it
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/joshisgay_bucket/brandons85.jpg
and now
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/joshisgay_bucket/100_0611.jpg
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/joshisgay_bucket/100_0610.jpg
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/joshisgay_bucket/100_0619.jpg
I realize this car is much different than alot of yalls cars, but as I said many of the owners never knew. I had no clue when I bought it. It had a nice paint job on it at some point and was totally jambed out. I did notice the door's were black when I was getting the windows tinted. I also have no plan's of doing anthing with it other than what I bought it for, to make a nice street cruiser out of it. Car was very well maintained, a/c blows cold, all gauges work, dome light, and trunk popper. It also already had a carb'd91 roller/forged 302 in it with a new T5 it does have the factory aluminum intake on it though.
Just wanted to let everyone know, one more has been found. I noticed 84's were the least amount on the registry.

TxDps
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome....

Nice to have another 84 Texas car!

Are there any stickers on the driver's a pillar area, close to where the spotlight would install? One would start with F4-xxx?

http://images38.fotki.com/v1270/photos/2/282506/6273255/84MustangSSP014-vi.jpg

stadair
02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Sweet car! Congrats.

MOstang
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Nice detective work!

TexasMade
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome....

Nice to have another 84 Texas car!

Are there any stickers on the driver's a pillar area, close to where the spotlight would install? One would start with F4-xxx?

http://images38.fotki.com/v1270/photos/2/282506/6273255/84MustangSSP014-vi.jpg
Would that be on the iside of the pillar or on the trim. I'll go pull off the trim in a minute.
Nice detective work!

Ha ha, gotta think my Dad for that. I thought the hole in my side was from a gauge pod or something!

NoDrama43
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
congrats on the find and welcome to the site.

predator20
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the site. Glad to see more 4-eyed cars coming around.

FHP813
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
+1 :welcome:

jarhed123
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome. I believe the chromed rear view mirrors are very hard to come by.

TexasMade
02-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Too bad that I murdered them out already.

86NeSSP
02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Where are you at in Corpus? I'l be there next weekend at my In-Laws. I'd love to stop by and look at your car and maybe take a few pictures.

Welcome to the site, also congrats on having a very difficult to find 84 DPS SSP...

Matt

TexasMade
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Where are you at in Corpus? I'l be there next weekend at my In-Laws. I'd love to stop by and look at your car and maybe take a few pictures.

Welcome to the site, also congrats on having a very difficult to find 84 DPS SSP...

Matt

I live 20 minutes outside of Corpus in Aransas Pass. Sounds like a plan to meet up do some lunch or something?? I'll PM you my number.

WSP-SSP
02-16-2009, 01:43 AM
great info, nice car, 84s are far and few, glad its still alive. Thanks for sharing

86NeSSP
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I live 20 minutes outside of Corpus in Aransas Pass. Sounds like a plan to meet up do some lunch or something?? I'll PM you my number.

I'll call you when I get in.

rx79gez8gundam
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I have an 84 Tx DPS SSP also, VIN last 6 184630, also DSO 57-0132...what number is yours?

rx79gez8gundam
04-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I've seen a few of them chrome side mirrors in the junkyards in San Antonio, if anyone needs a set I can grab them next time I go. Just let me know and I'll get a price quote on them (just cover what I have to pay for them and actual shipping)

TexasMade
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Bringin this back from the dead! I sold this car last May or so, and just bought it and a wrecked 98 Cobra. Started swapping it all in this week I am almost through with the swap, and will be posting up more here shortly.

I also have a few of the smaller pieces up for grabs, speed certified 140 speedo, dash pieces, and what not.

NoDrama43
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Bringin this back from the dead! I sold this car last May or so, and just bought it and a wrecked 98 Cobra. Started swapping it all in this week I am almost through with the swap, and will be posting up more here shortly.

I also have a few of the smaller pieces up for grabs, speed certified 140 speedo, dash pieces, and what not.

swapping what in? the drive train from the 98 into the 84? are you parting the ssp speedo out of the car?

am I missing something? :headscratch:

stadair
02-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I sold this car last May or so, and just bought it and a wrecked 98 Cobra.

You sold the car and then bought it back to do a drivetrain swap? Why with a special car like it is?

MOstang
02-12-2010, 11:25 PM
:stiritup: :eek:

ssp91ssp
02-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Why not leave the rare 84 original ?? put the cobra motor in something else ??

ssp91ssp

ssp91ssp
02-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I will buy that 84 just to save it as a DPS and find you a clean coupe here in Mcallen Tx to do your sawp !!!!
I'm 2.5 hrs from ya , let me save that car !

ssp91ssp

28HopUp
02-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I will buy that 84 just to save it as a DPS and find you a clean coupe here in Mcallen Tx to do your sawp !!!!
I'm 2.5 hrs from ya , let me save that car !

ssp91ssp

That's the spirit! I commend your enthusiasm.

Looking back at this thread (now 1 year old), I read that this car had already been the recipient of a roller-motor swap before he bought it the first time. To my twisted way of thinking, swapping in the Cobra motor isn't a irreversible sin. But it sounds like he may be yanking out the dash/interior too. I hope that's not the case. It would be a shame to remove the stuff that makes this car an SSP.

ssp91ssp
02-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Looking back at this thread (now 1 year old), I read that this car had already been the recipient of a roller-motor swap before he bought it the first time. To my twisted way of thinking, swapping in the Cobra motor isn't a irreversible sin. But it sounds like he may be yanking out the dash/interior too. I hope that's not the case. It would be a shame to remove the stuff that makes this car an SSP.

Let's see if we hear from the owner ??? The roller motor i don't mind so much cuz it's still a 5.0 and if injected even better for driveability ? i think . plus is done correct you can save the harness .

the 4.6 takes a dif k-member and all , i have done 2 of these swaps on reg fox cars .. 1 of those made a Magazine at a Fun ford event in Cordova Ill.

ssp91ssp

NoDrama43
02-13-2010, 12:13 PM

I am trying not to lite the fuse on this one as I want to hear what the owner is doing with the car. If he wants to swap in the cobra stuff with a different k member and change out the dash I don't agree with that direction. There are far to many stock civie coupes available for that kind of fun. Four eyed SSP cars are getting hard to find. Hate to see this one go down this road. Hopefully the owner will address our concerns when he reads about them.

I have an 86 original 45k body that has already had some work done to it for just this type of swap. It would be perfect. K-member and dash is already out of it also. Original 5 speed car with pedal assembly still intact. I also have a spare original (including plug wires) 84 GT motor, trans, and rear end that could be put in the 84 TXDPS car.

28HopUp
02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Let's see if we hear from the owner ??? The roller motor i don't mind so much cuz it's still a 5.0 and if injected even better for driveability ? i think . plus is done correct you can save the harness .

the 4.6 takes a dif k-member and all , i have done 2 of these swaps on reg fox cars .. 1 of those made a Magazine at a Fun ford event in Cordova Ill.

ssp91ssp

I didn't realize installing the 4.6L required a new K-member in a Fox. That does change the scope of the project. It sounds like there's a way to save this SSP where everyone could benefit.

ssp91ssp
02-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I didn't realize installing the 4.6L required a new K-member in a Fox. That does change the scope of the project. It sounds like there's a way to save this SSP where everyone could benefit.

Bill, The 4.6 is too wide to just drop down into the stock mountings , it would also sit too far forward .
I used AJE for a K-member , you can also swap/modify the 98 cobra
K-member into a fox .
I think the best candidate for the sawp is the car that Jim has offered and save the 84 DPS !
Sure hope they are NOT using the torch method .??
ssp91ssp

TexasMade
02-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Wow, boy are yall gonna hate me! Sorry folks but the swap is almost complete, and indeed it is a 100% swap dash, seats from a 07 GT, carpet, and oh my gawd could it be...Oh yep that is indeed a tubular K member...

As stated on the other SSP site this car was bought as a 4 eyed coupe not as a black and white. Also noted was that I drive my cars DAILY, I don't have them just to put in my sig or to show off once a year. unniest part is I was honestly going to take up the offer to swap for the 86, but after seeing you all's comments I would rather keep mine, and post its progress here. Thanks for no stay tuned for pics and vids.

Gonna make the first burnout on top of my 140 speedo that much better... lol

TexasMade
02-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Where were all the hero's back in March?????
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1766

88stang
02-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Even fish could stay out of trouble, if they learn to keep their mouth's shut! LOL! Thats funny ive got to remember that one. :2thumbs:

NoDrama43
02-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Wow, boy are yall gonna hate me! Sorry folks but the swap is almost complete, and indeed it is a 100% swap dash, seats from a 07 GT, carpet, and oh my gawd could it be...Oh yep that is indeed a tubular K member...

As stated on the other SSP site this car was bought as a 4 eyed coupe not as a black and white. Also noted was that I drive my cars DAILY, I don't have them just to put in my sig or to show off once a year. unniest part is I was honestly going to take up the offer to swap for the 86, but after seeing you all's comments I would rather keep mine, and post its progress here. Thanks for no stay tuned for pics and vids.

Gonna make the first burnout on top of my 140 speedo that much better... lol

Justin,

There is no need to post the progress of your project. It is your car and your business what you do with it however other members here don't agree with the direction your headed with a perfectly restorable SSP. Nobody on this site wants to read about it. You will get a much better reception from some of the other social networking mustang websites. Good luck with your project.

From the forum guidlines:

5. If you don't own a Special Service Mustang, you are more than welcome to be a part of this community. However, we will not stand by while people who don't own SSP Mustangs cause problems on this website. We also do not care to hear about how you just found an SSP car, and are now planning on dropping in a big-block Chevy motor, super and turbo-charging it, road-racing it, driving it off a cliff, etc.

This one is closed guys. :)