PDA

View Full Version : 1985 CHP #8336 First time out of garage since 2001 !!! PICS

CHP8336
03-06-2009, 01:41 AM
This is the first time the car has been out in years.My plans for the car are to restore it to in service CHP condition minus the radio equipment and the engine/transmission/suspention due to the fact that all the running gear is in new condition.The car is a blast to drive and i think doing a 100% in service look would be a hoot.Enjoy the pics and i am eager to everyones thoughts. THANKS, RICH

MOstang
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
That looks nice, thanks for sharing and good luck in your efforts with the car.

28HopUp
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
SWEET! Your pics are nice to view, since my SSP is in "paint jail". It helps me visualize what my car will look like once it is again back in black.

Good luck with your restoration!

FlyinTiger
03-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Throw some 5-lug CVPI steelies on it and it will change the look real fast.

jarhed123
03-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Nice looking car

CHP8336
03-07-2009, 11:31 PM
This is the first time the car has been out in years.My plans for the car are to restore it to in service CHP condition minus the radio equipment and the engine/transmission/suspention due to the fact that all the running gear is in new condition.The car is a blast to drive and i think doing a 100% in service look would be a hoot.Enjoy the pics and i am eager to everyones thoughts. THANKS, RICH

I do not use the car at all any more it just sits in the garage.That is why i want to restore the car to in service cond minus the running gear and interior radio equip.The engine is a 1969 351 with A/C .I want to enjoy the car again and think that adding CHP equip would just add to the cars value and fun at shows.My plans are to drive the car to shows and weekend use only.The car is really fun to drive and i know that some hard core restorers may not agree with my engine choice but thats ok.I have owned this car for 23 years and i dont ever have any plans on selling it.Thanks everyone on your replys and take a look at the pics before i start my project on the car in the spring.More pics as the project just begins. THANKS AGAIN RICH

CHP8336
03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Nice looking car

Thank you Marcos!

CHP#2914
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Condition of your car looks great!! Shows what keeping it in the garage can do.

86NeSSP
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I have seen pictures of your car before when it was at a track day or something. I'm guessing it was from no later than 2001. I have the picture at my house on my home PC.

That is a sweet ride! Love the fuel cell!

CHP8336
03-10-2009, 12:43 AM
I have seen pictures of your car before when it was at a track day or something. I'm guessing it was from no later than 2001. I have the picture at my house on my home PC.

That is a sweet ride! Love the fuel cell!

Thank you! I was clocked at 154 mph at a Nor cal Shelby club event at thunderhill raceway park in 2000 or 2001.That is when I decided to install the fuel safe fuel cell.This car also won a Ferrari autocross event in San Fancisco.That was a milestone for me and my car.Go 8336 lol.The running gear is all new.Now it is going to be restored to chp in service cond but still retain all of my upgrades I have done on the car over the last 23 years.I have had very positive feedback on my plans for the car from our members on this site.Thanks for the reply, and please send me your pics of my car and I will tell you where the photo was taken. Keep in touch. RICH

CHP8336
03-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Condition of your car looks great!! Shows what keeping it in the garage can do.

The car has been in the garage for 23 years,except when i have driven the car to the Nor Cal Shelby club events.I just cant believe I have owned this car that long! I know Iam a old fart now... lol lol.Maybe you can help me find the officer that drove my car back in 85 and 86 his last name is PRATT and the car was from the NAPA CHP Office. Maybe he is retired by now??? He might have in service pics also??? THANKS RICH

stadair
03-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Your car sits quite low. Do you have lowering springs or coil overs? Or is it because the wheels are larger? 17's?

Bri22NJ
03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Thats a really nice car you have there. Thats my favorite body style. Good luck with the restore.

CHP8336
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Your car sits quite low. Do you have lowering springs or coil overs? Or is it because the wheels are larger? 17's?

Hey Toshi,The car has adjustable Griggs coilovers.The wheels are 17x9 C obra Rs.The tires are 275/40/17.I would recomend this set up if you are going to make your car really handle excellent.The tires are close to rubbing but they dont rub the car. RICH

CHP8336
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Thats a really nice car you have there. Thats my favorite body style. Good luck with the restore.

THANNK YOU !! I like the 85 and 86 models also.The worst problem with those year cars was the super substandard brakes they had. DANGEROUS to say the least.In pursuit you just could not stop these cars with the Pinto brake system that Ford designed.Those brakes were designed for 55 mph stops.Thanks for the reply and I will post pics as the restoration progresses. RICH

stadair
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey Toshi,The car has adjustable Griggs coilovers.The wheels are 17x9 C obra Rs.The tires are 275/40/17.I would recomend this set up if you are going to make your car really handle excellent.The tires are close to rubbing but they dont rub the car. RICH

I'm afraid to put 17's w/40 series tires on my car, due to the fact that Michigan roads, well, I should say Detroit area roads, are awful! I just had to replace a wheel on my wifes car because of damage. And that was just a factory steel wheel.

86NeSSP
03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Thank you! I was clocked at 154 mph at a Nor cal Shelby club event at thunderhill raceway park in 2000 or 2001.That is when I decided to install the fuel safe fuel cell.This car also won a Ferrari autocross event in San Fancisco.That was a milestone for me and my car.Go 8336 lol.The running gear is all new.Now it is going to be restored to chp in service cond but still retain all of my upgrades I have done on the car over the last 23 years.I have had very positive feedback on my plans for the car from our members on this site.Thanks for the reply, and please send me your pics of my car and I will tell you where the photo was taken. Keep in touch. RICH

I will power that PC up and find those pictures... I'll post them up here.

Matt

CHP8336
05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
I will power that PC up and find those pictures... I'll post them up here.

Matt

Hey Matt, I know this is a old post but have you found any of your pictures of 8336 prior to the restoration?:)