PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy Light

stadair
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I would like my courtesy light to work. Where in my 1993 SSP is it desconnected? The map lights work.

Unmrkd
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Remove the trim "Kick" panels (under the dash) on both sides. There will be a small harness on each side with a round white plastic sheathe tucked or secured by tape to the structure. Reach inside the access hole area behind the courtesy switch to find it. Then the fun begins, trying to align the harness end with three small pins to the connector of the switch itself with three small recipticals .

It's not complicated but just tight quarters and you can't see the back of the switch, so it has to be accomplished by feel. That should do it, good luck.

stadair
03-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks Gregg! I'll work on it this afternoon.

stadair
03-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Remove the trim "Kick" panels (under the dash) on both sides. There will be a small harness on each side with a round white plastic sheathe tucked or secured by tape to the structure. Reach inside the access hole area behind the courtesy switch to find it. Then the fun begins, trying to align the harness end with three small pins to the connector of the switch itself with three small recipticals .

It's not complicated but just tight quarters and you can't see the back of the switch, so it has to be accomplished by feel. That should do it, good luck.

I got my courtesy light to work now! Yeah! I started out trying to do it as you suggested. And as you said, it is very tight in there. So, I did it a different way. Which ended up to be much easier. I pulled the switch out of the A-pillar. Then I ran some wire down through the hole to fish the plug through. Retrieveing the wire, I taped the plug onto the end and pulled the plug back up through the hole. Made the connection to the switch. Put the switch back in the A-pillar. Took less than 3 minutes.

Unmrkd
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Good deal, glad you got it working.:thumbsup: