PDA

View Full Version : 8302 progress

86NeSSP
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
At the current moment I am trying to get a hold of an engine harness to resuce the car from a short waiting to happen...

Also I am in the process of swapping out the cooling system to one that works a bit better than the current one. I am sure that the age is catching up with it and that is what is causing my warm runnings.

Steel wheels going for powder coating soon...

Matt

FlyinTiger
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
There someone on ebay that has your harness on from time to time. NOS, but $300. Pricey, but it depends on your level of detail.

86NeSSP
11-14-2006, 07:56 PM
There someone on ebay that has your harness on from time to time. NOS, but $300. Pricey, but it depends on your level of detail.

Oh I know! I'm trying to talk the "BOSS" into letting me dip into the regular fund to get that... It is a aftermarket harness NOT OEM but this guy sourced all the OEM connectors and made a wiring JIG to remanufacture this harness... It is PLUG-N-PLAY though and it would be hard to tell this one from the OEM Ford item.

I will buy one from this guy SOON...

Matt

86NeSSP
01-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I got some more freebie stuff yesterday... I can't wait until the 87 Texas car has left the garage... I will waste no time getting that stuff swapped out for the RIGHT COLOR INTERIOR...

Pictures to come later as I have time to update on CHP-8302...

I will be sending the wheels out for powder coating once I have a job again.

Matt

86NeSSP
03-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Trying to get another set of wheels for the car right now. Then I need to get the diagrams for the equipment tray for the trunk so I can build that and then get all that installed along with the radio, CC1, scanner and shotgunrack!

M

86NeSSP
04-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Here's the cleaned up car. It's a little dirty now as it was washed and waxed over the weekend.

Matt

predator20
04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks good Matt, those tires seem to look undersized. Maybe it's the angle of the pic. You always seem to make the most progress when working on a car. :thumbsup:

ImEvil1
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Why did I sell that again????

Looks sharp. We still need to get together on the shotgun rack (and the other stuff, too).

Mike

86NeSSP
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Looks good Matt, those tires seem to look undersized. Maybe it's the angle of the pic. You always seem to make the most progress when working on a car. :thumbsup:

They are undersized but I am driving this car daily for a little bit and I needed tires and a friend had a set of 195-60-15 for free. After mounting it cost me $30.00 for the set of 90% tread tires. I am getting a new set as soon as the 86 gets home. It needs tires too and it will be the daily while I finish up the CHP and then I will do a fabulous repair on the 86 to remove the damage it currently is sporting.

Matt

86NeSSP
04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Why did I sell that again????

Looks sharp. We still need to get together on the shotgun rack (and the other stuff, too).

Mike

Because you wanted the one that started it all (Its green and an 82), that's why. Plus I'm a good guy and wanted a foureyed SSP.

Now I will have 2 and this one will get done RIGHT!

Yes, we need to get together sometime and get the shotgun rack squared away. I need to make sure that it is as right as possible so we can get a template together for the restoration doc. I do also need to get the rest of the other items from you as well.

86NeSSP
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
You always seem to make the most progress when working on a car. :thumbsup:

I try to get stuff done when I have time and the spare parts lying around. I just get permission from the Boss to work on it once a week and then go from there. This 85 sure is nice. There are a lot of tings to do so this car is more road friendly but it runs and drives strong everyday and will only get stronger with some more work. That is coming Sunday!

I think it really comes down to having a very understanding better half...

I have some wiring stuff that needs to get squared away so that I have some piece of mind.

Matt

predator20
04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
They are undersized but I am driving this car daily for a little bit and I needed tires and a friend had a set of 195-60-15 for free. After mounting it cost me $30.00 for the set of 90% tread tires. I am getting a new set as soon as the 86 gets home. It needs tires too and it will be the daily while I finish up the CHP and then I will do a fabulous repair on the 86 to remove the damage it currently is sporting.

Matt

What 86?
You can't beat free tires or anything free for that matter.

86NeSSP
04-28-2007, 01:16 AM
What 86?
You can't beat free tires or anything free for that matter.

I am purchasing (have a deposit on) an 86 SSP that is on here that needs a home and some repair. I may not have all the skills to do the repair but I have 85% of them.

I will post pictures in a couple of weeks when it get to Texas... There will be some down time after it gets here for the CHP to have the rest of the restoration to really begin on it then.

I also have an 85 non-SSP I need to get running and sold to get more money in the restoration fund for these cars.

Yes, FREE 85-90% tread tires that fit but look a little goofy are AWESOME when your tire fund is BONE DRY!

Matt

86NeSSP
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I purchased the correct side antenna mount for this car as well as found more of the missing equipment that some one took from my storage unit after being broken into.

I will be having some paint work done on the car in the coming month and will be posting as that work is finished.

More equipment coming for the Nebraska car as posted earlier and a few more items yet to acquire for this one too.

86NeSSP
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend. I washed the car up.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/m_buckmaster/SSP/1985%20CHP%208302/DSC00743.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/m_buckmaster/SSP/1985%20CHP%208302/DSC00740.jpg

Nothing special here.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/m_buckmaster/SSP/1985%20CHP%208302/DSC00755.jpg