PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Santa Clara #91054

jpargo
04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
1991 For Mustang LX
SSP Coupe Notchback 5.0
VIN # 1FACP40E2MF192574

Up for sale is my 1991 SSP Mustang, 5.0 automatic with only 42,387 miles that was in service with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office (Unit # 91054) until 2006. This car was assigned and used by the District Attorney’s Office. The car was refurbished and has undergone a very nice restoration. The car was stripped to bare metal and painted original MK Twighlight Blue base coat / clear coat (including door jambs) and wet sanded and polished. The seats were reupholstered with original NOS fabric due to fading, new NOS quarter rear windows were installed along with new door and trunk weather stripping and new NOS door moldings. The car also received all 6 NOS front lights and NOS rear taillights and a reconditioned steering wheel but the original sun rotted one is also included in the sale. All of the power window and door lock switches and bezels were replaced with NOS. The wheels have been reconditioned and new NOS Goodyear Eagle GT’s were installed. The car has been recently PA inspected, had the oil changed, transmission serviced, new front brakes and rotors were installed and a received a tune up. The car comes with lots of documentation and titles indicate the correct mileage of the car. The buck tags are both on the car but the door tag was painted over before I received the car but a reproduction door tag has been installed. Most of the original equipment, siren, radio and steady red light (as shown in photo) and energized mounting plate inside the car near the passenger headliner/ sunvisor is also included. An evidence tag and assistant DA’s business card was found in the car during the restoration. The car runs and drives real strong and is fun to be behind the wheel. It is with deep regret that I must sell this car but I would very much like to see it go to an SSP enthusiast. I have over 200 pictures of the car including ones of the restoration SSP Gary did on the car. Please PM or email me at jpargo@verizon.net for any requests. NoDrama43, SSP GARY or WHR44 can tell you about the car if you would like another’s opinion on this SSP.

http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/sspmustang/ $10,800

ImEvil1
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice car, good luck with the sale.

jpargo
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Thank you Mike, I wanted to point out that if you CarFax my car you will see the reported mileage as 91054 in CA (year 2007) before it was sold to Gary SSP in Canada. This is where the mechanic wrote the unit number in for the mileage. I have all the copies of the titles to document the proper mileage of my car. You can tell this is a 42,000 mile car. I wanted to disclose this to any potential buyer as I did not mention this in my post. If you have an reservations I can send you copies of the paperwork and I again would advise you to talk to Gary or Jim Y., who are both very familiar with my car. Thanks for looking...John;)

NoDrama43
04-26-2009, 09:05 AM
this car is a legit 40k mile car and is very close to concours condition. With just a little bit of detail work regarding the correct equipment installation etc.this is a show quality turn key car. It is well worth what he is asking for it.

jpargo
04-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Last try before I go to Ebay...$10,300. This is a great car!

jpargo
05-06-2009, 09:31 AM
No one out there looking for a SSP that just needs to be driven and enjoyed with just 42,000 on the clock? The auto tranny is not sluggish...really. I'm trying to avoid Ebay.

Charlie
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
No one out there looking for a SSP that just needs to be driven and enjoyed with just 42,000 on the clock? The auto tranny is not sluggish...really. I'm trying to avoid Ebay.

Don't blame you. Not a great time to sell right now. Hold and someones luck will change, Charlie

88stang
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Very nice car! Low miles.

jpargo
05-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks to all for the support and kind comments. ;) John

jpargo
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Will be at Carlisle for sale in the Car Corral...stop bye and say hello.

MOstang
05-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi John - Am I seeing correctly the bids on your SSP have gone above the RESERVE? If so I'm happy for your that it looks like you've got it sold. Of course now the fun part starts to make sure the buyer follows through on the sale. Congrats :2thumbs:.

NoDrama43
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
congratulations on the sale John. Somebody is going to get a great deal on an excellent car.

jpargo
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Thank you, I've been here before several times the last two weeks and I still have the car. Guys want all this information and it never gets done but the buyer also has a FHP...I'll let him make the announcment. He got a great deal on a super car. This is my last try...John

policemustang
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Very impressive! Trying to stay clear of the tractor-beam that would pull me right in!!!

mbe2598
05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Ill let the cat out of the bag ! Its coming back to Kansas City, to join FHP #0381. My plain is to get this car in MCA Concours shape and chase the points & MCA grill medallion. I may try showing it in Mustang, Ok...June 4-6 at the MCA National.

ImEvil1
05-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Congrats on the purchase.....glad to see it go to an enthusiast.

MOstang
05-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Ill let the cat out of the bag ! Its coming back to Kansas City, to join FHP #0381. My plain is to get this car in MCA Concours shape and chase the points & MCA grill medallion. I may try showing it in Mustang, Ok...June 4-6 at the MCA National.
Nice! Congratulations Jim.

28HopUp
05-12-2010, 09:29 AM

Congrats! That car sounds likes the perfect candidate for what you're thinking...

mustangretriever
05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
So do I get a sellers fee for telling Jim about this car so he could buy it? LOL

policemustang
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM

BRING IT!

jpargo
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their help and support as a member of the group...I'm very happy to know it's great to have friends in such a wonderful hobby. Thanks...John

MOstang
05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
So do I get a sellers fee for telling Jim about this car so he could buy it? LOL
Eric - I was thinking you had made a post asking if it was still for sale and having a friend (Jim I guess) who might be interested in it. That's great you were able to help.

Congrats again John...glad you were able to find a good home for it within the SSP community. :happyspin:

mustangretriever
05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Eric - I was thinking you had made a post asking if it was still for sale and having a friend (Jim I guess) who might be interested in it. That's great you were able to help.

Yup, Jim (the guy who ended up buying it) is who I told, I knew he was looking at another SSP but this car was a much better choice for the money.

MOstang
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Like a matchmaker fixing up an SSP blind date LOL. clown1 :rollinglaugh:

mustangretriever
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Like a matchmaker fixing up an SSP blind date LOL. clown1 :rollinglaugh:

Good one! I knew this would be a good match too! LOL

policemustang
05-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their help and support as a member of the group...I'm very happy to know it's great to have friends in such a wonderful hobby. Thanks...John

:2thumbs:

mbe2598
06-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Car arrived OK last week from PA. It went into the garage and I went to Mustang, OK. for the MCA. Took the car today to my local Ford Dealer for a State Inspection (need tags) and the boys came out in the service bay.

Already have had one offer on the car, but the dealer would have to throw in the 2009 KR 500 on the showroom. It made a great impression at the dealer. Ill be showing it this Sunday at a local car show and cruising at a large cruise Saturday night !

MOstang
06-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Jim - Congrats on the arrival...sounds great...post up some pics when you have a chance. :thumbsup:

mustangretriever
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
post up some pics when you have a chance. :thumbsup:

I'll take care of that this weekend after the show we're going to.

jpargo
06-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm happy the car is safe and sound...also its great that you are happy with it. You should win a few at the shows this summer, as this car has eyes!

mbe2598
06-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Eric is my camera guy and computor guy (nerd), I mean friend. Im lucky to be able to email, have trouble getting that little picture from camera to web site.!