PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in NC

SVOkip
05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi guys, I am new to this site, but not new to Mustangs. I currently have 6 in my stable including 3 SVOs and an 85 GT Vert. Pretty much everything I have except a 2003 Mach1 were bought as projects and I have them tucked away until I get time to work on then. I am in the process of painting one of the SVOs. I am currently looking for a originally marked NCSHP or FHP car. I went and looked at one last night, it was an unmarked FHP car, and I might still end up getting it just to have one until the right comes along. I talked to several guys at the 45th show and it really brought back memories for me growing up and I am currently a law enforcement officer too. I also have my eye on an 85 ex NCSHP car that is behind a local shop. I don't think they'll ever sell it, but i'm working on it. Anyway, thanks for listening.

ImEvil1
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the site Kip. Sounds like you have a nice collection of cars. The '85 is definitely one to keep an eye on!

MOstang
05-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome...you have good taste in cars!

bonafide
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm beginning the think the 45th experience was contagious. :p

Hollar when you find something. Before you know it we'll have half the SVO guys with a SSP parked in the garage as well. HA!

xfhp-730
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the board! I've been to Carthage many times, and have relatives in Highfalls. I currently live in Ramseur, and work as a deputy in Randolph Co. Goodluck on your search for an SSP. You better grab that 85 if you can. I've only seen one 85 N.C car in civilian hands, and it was totaled in 91. There is an 89 N.C. SSP on craigslist in the Raleigh area.

Jody

SVOkip
05-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the board! I've been to Carthage many times, and have relatives in Highfalls. I currently live in Ramseur, and work as a deputy in Randolph Co. Goodluck on your search for an SSP. You better grab that 85 if you can. I've only seen one 85 N.C car in civilian hands, and it was totaled in 91. There is an 89 N.C. SSP on craigslist in the Raleigh area.

Jody

When you get back to work, slap Mickey Beale for me. Just kidding, he has helped me out quite a bit. I'm a Detective here in Moore County.The one in Raleigh is the one I looked at last night. 250k miles and the seats have been replaced with 85-86 GT seats. Engine definitely needs rebuilding, but it drove good and tight around corners. I found a couple of potholes on purpose and the suspension is pretty good. I would probably get it, but I don't want an unmarked. There was a guy at the 45th looking for a white unmarked and this one is the original white. Don't know if he is on here, I am waiting for an e-mail back from him as I sent him one asking about his SSP. The 85 has had the engine pulled, but the body is straight and I would jump on it in a heartbeat if I could.

xfhp-730
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I've been looking for a good reason to slap ole Mickey around for years! LOL!! I like to help the taskforce when I'm working, but I usually get sent on a call when you start to do something fun. That's the bad side of being in the Patrol Division. Anybody ever hear anything out of Laura Brewer anymore? Last I heard she was in Kentucky, but that was a while back. Was that car in Raleigh a SHP car? I figured it was since it had an AOD. You don't see many NC cars around. Back in 97-98 several of us at the Sheriffs Office had SSP cars. Two had NC cars, and three had FHP cars. I was the only one who restored mine. I was looking for another SSP recently, but got a good deal on an 89 LX convertible. A local trooper had it, and he just never drove it. It's a real clean car. Call Mickey sometime, and tell him that you need Jody's cell number.

Jody

SVOkip
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
The one in Raleigh is a FHP car. Laura actually got out of LE and just graduated from nursing school. I keep up with her on Facebook. We have probably met before. I was a Narc for five years and worked with David Joyce and those other crazy jokers quite a bit. I talk to Daniel Tilley all the time up in Chatham. I figured he'd come work with ya'll after a while due to his old lady. I have an 86 Gt vert and they are a blast to drive, but I really want an SSP.

I've been looking for a good reason to slap ole Mickey around for years! LOL!! I like to help the taskforce when I'm working, but I usually get sent on a call when you start to do something fun. That's the bad side of being in the Patrol Division. Anybody ever hear anything out of Laura Brewer anymore? Last I heard she was in Kentucky, but that was a while back. Was that car in Raleigh a SHP car? I figured it was since it had an AOD. You don't see many NC cars around. Back in 97-98 several of us at the Sheriffs Office had SSP cars. Two had NC cars, and three had FHP cars. I was the only one who restored mine. I was looking for another SSP recently, but got a good deal on an 89 LX convertible. A local trooper had it, and he just never drove it. It's a real clean car. Call Mickey sometime, and tell him that you need Jody's cell number.

Jody

xfhp-730
05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I knew that she got out of law enforcement, but didnt know about the nursing thing. I've known her since she was a junior in highschool, and we used to talk alot. We lost track when she got married and moved. The last time I talked to her was at the wedding. I used to talk to her mom on the phone, but haven't recently. So you know Big Red and that crazy crew that runs with him? LOL!! He trained with me when he started in 97. I've talked to Daniel on the phone one time, but haven't actually met him in person.

Jody