PDA

View Full Version : CHP Micor radio group purchase

ImEvil1
06-06-2009, 03:03 PM
My CHP radio connection has a few more radios ready to go. These should be just like the last batch, with some of the radio trays and repeaters still having the State of California and CHP decals still on them. I'm not sure how many (if any) Micor control heads will be included.

I'd like to know how many here are in need before I buy these. Like last time, I don't want to buy more than we need because I'm not looking to flip these for profit...only help out those here that need the stuff. I know I've received several PMs about these in the last few months, but it will be easier to just respond to the thread here so I can get an idea.

If anyone wants to see pics of what the stuff looks like, check out the pics of my radio in the CHP Resto doc.

Pricing should be around what it was the last time we did this, depending on our supplier. :)

28HopUp
06-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Mike, if this is the correct set-up for my 85, then count me in... :)

jarhed123
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Mike, if this is the correct set-up for my 85, then count me in... :)
+1

sspanthony
06-06-2009, 11:10 PM
+1

NoDrama43
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
My CHP radio connection has a few more radios ready to go. These should be just like the last batch, with some of the radio trays and repeaters still having the State of California and CHP decals still on them. I'm not sure how many (if any) Micor control heads will be included.

I'd like to know how many here are in need before I buy these. Like last time, I don't want to buy more than we need because I'm not looking to flip these for profit...only help out those here that need the stuff. I know I've received several PMs about these in the last few months, but it will be easier to just respond to the thread here so I can get an idea.

If anyone wants to see pics of what the stuff looks like, check out the pics of my radio in the CHP Resto doc.

Pricing should be around what it was the last time we did this, depending on our supplier. :)

very nice bro. It's a sunny day, I been messin with my favorite ssp, and its another score for the CHP guys. Excellent !!

28HopUp
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
very nice bro. It's a sunny day, I been messin with my favorite ssp, and its another score for the CHP guys. Excellent !!

So which one is your favorite SSP???

SparkSVT
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
NoDram or IMEvil:

Am I correct in saying none of this stuff is correcert for my RANGR equipped 1993 CHP ?

and now the big question:

WHEN WILL THERE BE CHP SPEC RANGR RADIOS AVAILABLE!!!!! :banginghead:

I hear they are getting ready to update the RANGR systems with new technology.(finally)

If you ever hear of some RANGR setups becoming availabe I will personally fly down to Texas and wash your dog/car, or mow your lawn for one.

SparkSVT
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM
So which one is your favorite SSP???

to hell with the SSP, if I were him it would be the GT500.

ImEvil1
06-08-2009, 11:51 AM
NoDram or IMEvil:

Am I correct in saying none of this stuff is correcert for my RANGR equipped 1993 CHP ?

and now the big question:

WHEN WILL THERE BE CHP SPEC RANGR RADIOS AVAILABLE!!!!! :banginghead:

I hear they are getting ready to update the RANGR systems with new technology.(finally)

If you ever hear of some RANGR setups becoming availabe I will personally fly down to Texas and wash your dog/car, or mow your lawn for one.

Chris,

The guy I found with the radio equipment only has the older stuff, which he's had in storage for years.

If he decides to buy any of the new stuff when it comes out of service I'll do the same for the guys with newer cars (no dog washing or lawn mowing necessary). :)

None of this is for your car, unfortunately (yet).

NoDrama43
06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
to hell with the SSP, if I were him it would be the GT500.

at the moment it is tne 93 black unmarked FHP car. I was able to finally get concrete information on who drove it and I am working on finishing the car.

the GT500 just cracked the 1200 mile mark. It also got driven in the rain for the first time.....It wasn't raining when i left but the storms showed up before I could get it back. oh well.....had to happen sooner or later.

jarhed123
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM
...the GT500 just cracked the 1200 mile mark. It also got driven in the rain for the first time.....
The car is just too old now and worn out. Time to sell it ;)

NoDrama43
06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I have heard that they run better as they get a few thousand miles on them. I drove it 200 miles to my nephews graduation last week. Set the cruise on 78 and cranked up the tunes. Got several thumbs up from others on the road, including a guy in a new vette. :) The car is a blast to drive.

I'm glad I waited to buy this one. There is a flywheel shudder problem that had to be fixed with the 07 and 08 and some early 09 cars. Ford had to change to a different style flywheel, clutch assembly. My car was built one week after the changeover went into effect at the plant Also production on the 09's was under 4500. 50% less than any of the other 2 years.

mac88chp
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I have heard that they run better as they get a few thousand miles on them.That was certainly the case with my Bullitt Jim. The engine and esp. the trans didn't loosen up until I hit about 2,500 miles. Now at 5,200 miles and it's all good - really enjoyed the 800 mile cruise I took this past weekend.

NoDrama43
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
That was certainly the case with my Bullitt Jim. The engine and esp. the trans didn't loosen up until I hit about 2,500 miles. Now at 5,200 miles and it's all good - really enjoyed the 800 mile cruise I took this past weekend.

I really like the look of the Bullitts. There is a guy across the road from my work that bought one and lets it sit out all the time.

I would like to have one of them too but my wife would slit my throat.....

smokin5.0
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
I might be interested.....any ideas on price yet?

smokin5.0
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
....and it will be correct for an 89?

ImEvil1
06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
....and it will be correct for an 89?

Per Geoff Fors, the CHP radio guru, the switch occurred around that time. You should be OK.