PDA

View Full Version : Fence-1, Me-0

bmt336
02-18-2007, 05:12 PM
When it rains and you are running lights and siren, sometimes the road and tires are not real well connected, as I learned last night...
"Bravo336 please take me off the channel 1 call and have Sierra 178 1056 at Nw 34th St. and Glen Springs Road..."
Damn

86NeSSP
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Looks like you're OK. The car will need a tire, some dent removal, a little paint with a turnsignal light...

Not to bad. Does that affect you with the department? I mean does a T/A have any affect on your performance reviews?

Matt

Andy
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Here you go..... i fixed it!..good as new!
http://i16.tinypic.com/2d9cpb6.jpg
The bad news is that it happened
but the good news is you were not hurt!
so your nick name at work will be Crash for awhile
till someone else has something happen!:p

ImEvil1
02-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks like you're OK. The car will need a tire, some dent removal, a little paint with a turnsignal light...

Not to bad. Does that affect you with the department? I mean does a T/A have any affect on your performance reviews?

Matt

His department will issue him a written warning....not a huge deal. It does kinda suck though, because they make zero allowances there for this type of thing. At his local Sheriff's Office, it would be a verbal counseling (versus an IA number and written warning).

1990GSP
02-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Been there and done that... Don't feel bad. I didn't hit a fence, but had an uninvited meeting with a ditch.:o

ImEvil1
02-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah...me too (and at the same department as Bret). This was my '96 and happened in 2001 during a pursuit (armed robbery suspect in a stolen S60). I had some rubbing compund in the trunk, but the car wouldn't start afterwards. :bouncy:

NoDrama43
02-18-2007, 10:47 PM
ahhh yes.....I have spent a few moments during night shift with my cruiser squirreled away in a garage buffing out scratches, forehead dents etc.....

a good police officer ALWAYS has his rubbing compound close by.... :thumbsup:

bmt336
02-19-2007, 03:15 AM
yea, actually no IA now, just a warning, no citation since I was going to felony in progress, channel was on emergency traffic and road was slick. Another car lost traction as we were there changing the 2 driver side tires. I hosed about an acre of dirt out from under it today....

calimustang
02-23-2007, 03:26 AM
wow thats a lot of dirt to remove! Glad to see that you are ok and slight damage to that patrol unit, 2004-05 isnt it? Was that felony suspect caught?
yea, actually no IA now, just a warning, no citation since I was going to felony in progress, channel was on emergency traffic and road was slick. Another car lost traction as we were there changing the 2 driver side tires. I hosed about an acre of dirt out from under it today....

calimustang
02-23-2007, 03:28 AM
Wow! couldn't believe the damage! Glad you are allright.. I'm sure that patrol unit never seen another day of service after that huh?
Yeah...me too (and at the same department as Bret). This was my '96 and happened in 2001 during a pursuit (armed robbery suspect in a stolen S60). I had some rubbing compund in the trunk, but the car wouldn't start afterwards. :bouncy: