PDA

View Full Version : FHP Jetsonic on eBay

FHP813
06-25-2009, 09:49 PM
It has the offset rotators but the outboard takedowns

http://cgi.ebay.com/Federal-Signal-Jetsonic-Lightbar_W0QQitemZ370217471613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZB I_Security_Fire_Protection?hash=item5632ae4e7d&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

FHP0827
06-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Can't wait till it gets here! May need some lenses! Thanks for posting it!

FHP0827
07-06-2009, 10:33 PM
OK it's here, and I think it may be an actual FHP unit! On the rear of the drivers side mirror, there is adhesive left over from a property tag about the exact size of the "property of DHSMV" metal tag in the glove box of FHP cars. You can make out most of the number, and if you look very close, "MV" can be made out. Cool. Does anyone know if this is where the patrol tagged their lightbars? Wouldn't it be great if it is former FHP equiptment? It did ship from Florida.
As far as the condition, it is decent, gear train feels pretty sloppy but I can see that may be a characteristic of these things. It is the basic JS2 bar, with no modifications. It has a large chip out of the center housing where the dome seals, and I don't know if this can be repaired of if I will need a new center housing. It does have the speaker installed, has the metal mounting feet, and has clamps but they don't appear to be the Mustang units. I will need the following to complete the bar;

2 domes
2 blue filters
2 blue end caps w/ alley
2 nameplates
2 gutter clamps
controller

I checked with wiseguys and they have everything except the domes and the JSS (duh), by the way, what controller can I use to just get the thing going? I'm keeping an eye out for another bar for old 987 so I can get that one going too.

FHP813
07-07-2009, 01:19 PM
The domes can be found on ebay from time to time. As far as the JSS is concerned that's a different story. That will be by far one of the hardest things for an FHP resto along with the stainless ventshades.

FHP0827
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Could this be moved to agency restoration possibly?