PDA

View Full Version : 1985 AND 1986 SSP WHEELS.

CHP8336
07-02-2009, 11:28 PM
If anyone here is interested I FINALLY FOUND a source for these wheels. I have been looking for a solid month for these wheels. They have 33 wheels still available. Here is the link. http://www.performancepartsinc.com/main.htm
:2thumbs:

Vintageracer
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
How much were you charged for the wheel?

CNTLOSE
07-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Great find...they have a lot of hard to find items!

NoDrama43
07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
If anyone here is interested I FINALLY FOUND a source for these wheels. I have been looking for a solid month for these wheels. They have 33 wheels still available. Here is the link. http://www.performancepartsinc.com/main.htm

good luck with that guy.

CHP 3705
07-03-2009, 08:36 PM
good luck with that guy.

+1

ImEvil1
07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
+1

x1000. I wouldn't buy anything from him again (ever).

MOstang
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I haven't purchased anything from them myself, but have visited their website a few times looking for parts. Would be interested in why the negative reaction. Since this is probably better taken off-line if anyone would be open to sharing, please send me a Private Message. Thank you.

stubes
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
x1000. I wouldn't buy anything from him again (ever).

it would probably be cheaper to just go to the steel mill and cast your own wheels! i also won't buy anything from them.

ImEvil1
07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
No need for PM...we're all about putting it out there on this website.

I called the guy (Jim D) when I first bought my '93 FHP Mustang....he went out of his way to talk to me on the phone for a good 15 minutes about my speedo cable issue, all without me even buying anything from him. Very good first experience....very positive, and nice of him to help.

However, when Mike R. put up ORG, things changed a bit. Jim D. had the SSpony group going, but Mike's forum was much better than the eGroup. Mike was quoted in a magazine article and Jim D wasn't given credit for some of the info, which he originally had posted on the EVOOA site (Jim D had the first site up, even before his page was moved to EVOOA)...things had started adding up. He ended up showing up on ORG after being banned, posing as someone else (I caught this when I was a mod over there).

I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from him one time, including NOS (NEW OLD STOCK) tails for my '83. I received Daniel Carpenter repops. I called him, and he told me that they were identical to NOS and that I could return the repops at MY expense if I wanted to. He advertised them as NOS, and I paid for NOS. He also sent me a spare tire cover that looked like it was made from some material you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot, and told me that Ford had "several" versions of them. I'm sorry; I drove one in service, worked around them, and saw literally hundreds of them at auctions that I actually attended (some of the dealers who went to them know me). I never saw anything that looked like what he sent.

Then there's the whole deal about him posting he was going to put all of the parts he had away and not sell them to enthusiasts any longer, etc. etc. etc. That's the short version.

stubes
07-03-2009, 10:26 PM
i had an issue with an "NOS" 93 cobra grill pony i bought from him on ebay years ago, it arrived wrapped in tissue paper not a ford box with no ford part# on it...

MOstang
07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Mike - Good information and thank you for posting.

NoDrama43
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
hey I can add to this one...

I paid a gazzillion dollars for a nos 130 alternator for my 92 CHP car. When "it" got here I had to take the original off my 92 FHP car, take them both to a machine shop and have the thing put on a c-n-c machine to make it correct. Turns out it was a replacement Bronco alternator that was/is still available. Then there was the time I paid a gazzillion dollars for a 130 amp alternator bracket for the same 92 CHP car and it arrived with the engineering/part numbers all ground off. Then there was the time I paid 10 gazzillion dollars for a set of nos 85 center caps that I was required to call him about 3 times a week for 6 months before he was finally able to find the time and "look to see if he had them". I also bought one of the trunk mats that were wrong, although advertised as nos. I sent it back.

I also had several positive experiences buying stuff from him. however the bottom line is that it got old being able to buy one week, then being on his sh*t list the next week and being banned blah blah. This is a guy that advertises stuff so you know he has it, but refuses to sell it. I decided a long time ago that he can keep his parts. It isn't worth all the drama to be a customer. I will forever recommend to anyone and everyone to be very careful buying from him.

CHP8336
07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. Does anyone know where I can buy 1985/1986 ssp wheels? Is he the only source for the wheels in the USA ?

predator20
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
They show up on ebay from time to time. Craigs also. You got to be patient.

CHP8336
07-11-2009, 08:48 PM

I appreciate the input on this vendor. I recieved the wheel and the plastic squares and screws that mount the cap to the wheel today.The total cost with shipping was $203.00. I am under time restraints to show my car soon and this was the only option for me. This is the only vendor that I have found with the 85/86 wheels in stock. I have been watching ebay and craigslist and have had no luck in my search to date. The price was high but the wheel is in near new condition. Remember it is all about supply and demand.

FHP#1357
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I call them up yesterday and I said I needed 4 and they said they only had 4, they want $159.99 each....I bought mine NIB in 98' for $58 each

CHP8336
07-16-2009, 03:19 PM
FYI, A 14" Fairmont wheel has the same center as the 15" Police wheel. Stockton wheel will take that center and install it on a 15" wheel at a reasonable cost. The end result is a exact match to the 85/86 ssp wheels.

FlyinTiger
07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Can you post a pic of the Fairmont wheel that you are referring to?

CHP8336
07-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Can you post a pic of the Fairmont wheel that you are referring to?

I dont have a pic but this info was given to me from there customer service rep. This company will build you just about any combination you can think of as long as you are dealing with steel wheels only. Here is the link http://www.stocktonwheel.com/