PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler

stadair
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, Been some time since I've been on here. Haven't had internet connection where I've been living since March.

Anyway, I've got a question about my '93's oil cooler. Which way is it supposed to face? Mine is facing downward. That is, the inlet and outlet tubes are facing down and the two hoses connected to it are funning forward which kinks them. Maybe these hoses should have an elbow in them?

Thanks.
Toshi

stadair
08-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Well, I guess nobody knows anything about the oil coolers...

When I changed the oil the other week, I found out more about them myself. For anyone else who wants to know, the stud that the oil filter threads on to is what mounts the oil cooler. Mine was a bit loose. So, I thightened up the stud with a wrench after I pointed the oil cooler forward so that the hoses did not kink. So there, now you know.

wheelerg
08-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I could not have answered your question...but now i know the answer, it sure gets quiet on the net during the summer months, enjoy the sunny warmth prior to the snow falling.

Gary

stadair
10-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I figured out the answer myself. The oil cooler can rotate to where ever you want it to point. Then just tighten it down. There's a nut at the end of the threaded part where you put on the filter. Mine had gotten a little loose and let the oil cooler rotate to a point the rubber hoses kinked. Problem fixed.

Now I've just got to figure out how/where to route the hoses. Ones so long that I've got it zip tied to the bottom of the radiator! Then it heads back to the engine.