PDA

View Full Version : SSP Wheel Powdercoating

CHP8336
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know a rough idea what a fair price is for getting there wheels powdercoated? I got a quote for $75.00 each. Is this a fair price?

NoDrama43
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
sounds a little high to me. I think most pay about 40.00 to 50.00 each.

CHP8336
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Jim,As always EVERYTHING here in the SF bay area of California is more money. I have done more research since the post and found that is the best price here. I have lived here all my life and we have awsome weather but our cost of living is Way out of line. I am still looking for a good paint shop as well for my car. The last estimate I recieved was $5800.00 Just for a decent paint job with no body work. What does a decent paint job cost roughly outside California?

mac88chp
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
FYI - I had mine powdercoated in the SF bay area in 2002 for $65 ea. and that was about the going rate then.

NoDrama43
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks Jim,As always EVERYTHING here in the SF bay area of California is more money. I have done more research since the post and found that is the best price here. I have lived here all my life and we have awsome weather but our cost of living is Way out of line. I am still looking for a good paint shop as well for my car. The last estimate I recieved was $5800.00 Just for a decent paint job with no body work. What does a decent paint job cost roughly outside California?

5800.00 ??? with NO body work??? holy crap......

I take my cars apart, then the body guy does all the body work, sprays the paint and then I put it all back together. After it is back together he wet sands and buffs. It's about 3k per car and that includes about 750.00 for material. He prices it to me based on the fact he will be doing the work on 10 cars. The way we do the cars makes it pretty simple for him and it helps that he is only a mile down the road from me. He does all the paint work in a professional paint booth also.

28HopUp
07-17-2009, 06:53 PM

You've followed the thread on the restoration of my CHP. The body shop overshot their estimate, but it did not include the add'l parts and bodywork (remember the 1" thick slab of bondo in the rear 1/4 panel?). The total price was an even $5K, if that helps you.