PDA

View Full Version : Correct Equip/Electronics 1990 North Carolina State Highway Patrol SSP

MOstang
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Hello - I was hoping that some of the forum members might be able to help to point me in the right direction as to what North Carolina used as the propert equipment/electronics setup for their 1990 black & silver SSP's. Looking to equip my recent addition properly.

The first attached photo is from an 89 NCSHP SSP I believe to be a most likely setup. Reason being is that I have holes underneath the parking brake which would appear from this photo be from the bracket of whatever piece of equipment that is. Interior photos from a 93 don't have any equipment in this particular location. Appreciate any input folks can provide as to the items in the photos.

As for the second attached photo (thanks Brian aka predator20), all of the in-service photos of black and silver NCSHP SSP's I seen seem to have the same antenna and rear deck light setup. Thanks again for any help folks can lend to point me in right direction on what I need to look for here.

I haven't noticed any blue dash lights unless I'm just overlooking and it seems most of the black and silver NCSHP SSP's were slick tops. Did they just use wigwag's or something like that? My apologies in advance as I'm a bit of a layman on these things.

Appreciate any advise and help folks might be able to lend. Thanks in advance.

ImEvil1
08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
That first pic is a great reference.

The lights in the second one are Deckblasters from Code 3. They are self-contained strobes (anemic).

Here is another pic from our in-service gallery.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Gallery/images/NC/NC2.jpg

These are Federal Signal lights with the motorized covers (halogens).

MOstang
08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Mike - Thanks for the feedback and posting. Any idea what year that SSP is?

ImEvil1
08-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Mike - Thanks for the feedback and posting. Any idea what year that SSP is?

No prob....if I had to guess, '90 or '91. I'm not as familiar with the NC cars, but they ran the black wheels in '89. It looks like the moldings aren't body color, which helps narrow it down a little.

MOstang
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Mike,

Are the Federal Signal lights w/motorized covers you refer to flip up lights? Jody (xfhp-730) made a posting on .org about NCSHP using flip up lights on rear deck until 91 or 92 when they switched to the to the Code 3 deckblasters. Are flip up lights the same as the motorized covers you refer to (halogens)? Sorry for the basic questions...I'm a real layman on all this but have learned a ton from Eric with equipping my 93 MSHP and will now learn a ton with this NCSHP project.

Unmrkd
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
No prob....if I had to guess, '90 or '91. I'm not as familiar with the NC cars, but they ran the black wheels in '89. It looks like the moldings aren't body color, which helps narrow it down a little.

Mike, do you think it might be earlier than a '90? Looking at the package tray I dont see the seat belt retractors that are on the '90 - '93s. As you said the wheels "Should" be black if it was a '89 or earlier though, so now we have another mystery. :headscratch: Just more fun trying to get a positive ID.:)

ImEvil1
08-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Mike,

Are the Federal Signal lights w/motorized covers you refer to flip up lights? Jody (xfhp-730) made a posting on .org about NCSHP using flip up lights on rear deck until 91 or 92 when they switched to the to the Code 3 deckblasters. Are flip up lights the same as the motorized covers you refer to (halogens)? Sorry for the basic questions...I'm a real layman on all this but have learned a ton from Eric with equipping my 93 MSHP and will now learn a ton with this NCSHP project.

Yep...those are the same. You can still find them from time to time on eLightbars. There was an NOS set of them for sale there not too long ago.

Mike, do you think it might be earlier than a '90? Looking at the package tray I dont see the seat belt retractors that are on the '90 - '93s. As you said the wheels "Should" be black if it was a '89 or earlier though, so now we have another mystery. :headscratch: Just more fun trying to get a positive ID.:)

Good point, Gregg. I don't see them, either. Maybe it is an earlier car. We have one in the in-service gallery that the trooper removed the black paint from, so anything is possible.