PDA

View Full Version : Which FHP deck lights are correct by bolt holes?

FHP0827
08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Trying to figure out which deck lights were correct for my '90 and '91 FHP's. They both have sideways screw bolt hole patterns, about 4" apart.

FHP813
08-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Most likely Dashmasters. This is NoDrama's '93

FHP0827
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I've never seen a pic detailed enough to be able to make out the mounting bracket, heck, I am almost positive on other pictures of the dashmasters there was no visible bracket at all! Did NoDrama fabricate those? Maybe I'm crazy. I need to measure the distance and get someone to confirm it that has some. This is sounding good however, because I like the look of those lights the best, or the round federal/tomars. The Federals are a little big for the size of the deck.

FHP813
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
The FHP fabricated those in house. It's a 3/4 in piece of flat aluminum screwed to the bottom of the light and then screwed to the deck. Jim had the imprint of the strap on the deck cover and copied it. My car had them mounted with a carriage bolt through the deck.

FHP0827
08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Great, I know how to mount them now but I can't find any!

Cobra Jet
04-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Just curious too - what was the actual spacing of those Dash Masters once mounted to the rear decks?

Meaning, how far from the C-pillar and how far from the 3rd brake light on the 87-93 FHP SSP's?

Was there an actual standard measurement used by the FHP, or were these just sort of "eye-balled" when mounted?

CNTLOSE
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Just curious too - what was the actual spacing of those Dash Masters once mounted to the rear decks?

Meaning, how far from the C-pillar and how far from the 3rd brake light on the 87-93 FHP SSP's?

Was there an actual standard measurement used by the FHP, or were these just sort of "eye-balled" when mounted?

Great question...would like to know this as well.

FHP813
04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I've seen them all different ways. Some closer to center some closer to the third brake light. It all depended on the installer. The only thing holding the ones on my car was the deck material not metal.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/berno101/In%20service%20FHP%20813/FHP813inserviceaccident8-22-99002.jpg

FHP0827
04-09-2010, 11:26 PM
It seems like it was at the installers discretion, basically "put two of these lights in the back, facing rearward" kind of thing. All of the cars I've inspected (that had dashmasters) had the sheet metal screw holes through the package tray metal, two on each side, making restoration accuracy easy. My '92 has the D-shaped federal/tomar footprints with the single, larger hole. I don't remember for sure if they went through the metal or just the material.
Judging by all the pics I've seen, 87-89 cars didn't have deck lights.

CNTLOSE
04-10-2010, 01:30 PM
It seems like it was at the installers discretion, basically "put two of these lights in the back, facing rearward" kind of thing. All of the cars I've inspected (that had dashmasters) had the sheet metal screw holes through the package tray metal, two on each side, making restoration accuracy easy. My '92 has the D-shaped federal/tomar footprints with the single, larger hole. I don't remember for sure if they went through the metal or just the material.
Judging by all the pics I've seen, 87-89 cars didn't have deck lights.

Correct...as I just found out. 1990 was the first year they started.