PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank - Filler neck Gasket

FHP 1019
08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
What (who) would be a good source for the gasket where filler neck enters fuel tank? Was out of town for two weeks and when I got back into the car I took notice of my conspicuously lower fuel level. It just weeps but if I move it a tiny bit it pours! ANY help is greatly appreciated.

CNTLOSE
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
What (who) would be a good source for the gasket where filler neck enters fuel tank? Was out of town for two weeks and when I got back into the car I took notice of my conspicuously lower fuel level. It just weeps but if I move it a tiny bit it pours! ANY help is greatly appreciated.

I have bought a few from LRS and they were good quality and only $14.99

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-9072A

mac88chp
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
It's still available from Ford. I just had to replace the tank check valve gasket up top there and it is available thru the dealer too.

CHP 3705
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
I always get mine from Ford too. Doug

FHP 1019
08-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies. Ford is retardedly expensive compared to $15? or not so bad? I imagine it will be an order it from somewhere else thing with Ford too which is too bad cause I could bust this out on the weekend if I could get the part tomorrow. Thanks for the link too, CNTLOSE!

CNTLOSE
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies. Ford is retardedly expensive compared to $15? or not so bad? I imagine it will be an order it from somewhere else thing with Ford too which is too bad cause I could bust this out on the weekend if I could get the part tomorrow. Thanks for the link too, CNTLOSE!

No Problem