PDA

View Full Version : Keeping My Fingers Crossed

chp1982
09-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I know it a long shot but I recently reached out to the FHP magazine in hopes of digging up a little info on my '83. I thought I might place an ad looking for pictures, documents, or anything that could document the history of this car and, at the very least, possibly get some of these guys thinking about what they might still have laying around to help any of us get some answers.
The editor replied to me today asking for the VIN, thinking that she may be able to uncover some information on it.
Again, a long shot for sure, but unfortunately I have nothing else to go on with this or my '82 so it's worth a shot to me.
Have any of you guys done this or had luck getting info other ways? I would guess a lot of the troopers going back this far are closing in on, or already retired, and with all the documentation that has already been destroyed, the window may be closing on pinning down the who, what, and where of some of our cars.
You guys with the accident reports, unit numbers, etc., don't know how lucky you are!

MOstang
09-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a creative way to me for trying to obtain additional info...good luck in your effort!

ImEvil1
09-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I've posted it before, but it's been awhile, so here goes.

DHSMV in FL has a way of historically looking back at all of the tags that were ever on a given vehicle (by VIN). They used to refer to it as TAL-6 when we asked for it as LEOs. I have heard that they went to a new system, and it's no longer called this. I would think that the capability to do the search is still there, though.

Keep us posted on your magazine angle. Maybe they can dig up some more in-service pics for us as well. :2thumbs:

chp1982
09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Anything she digs up will, of course, be passed along.