PDA

View Full Version : Code 3 - Force 4 LP Lightbar

Rhino
11-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Woooooo Hooooo! First post in this section!!

In your opinion, how readily available are Code 3 - Force 4 LP lightbar setups available (Blue/Red)?

ImEvil1
11-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Broken-in now. :2thumbs:

That has to be one of my favorite lightbars (the clear domes with colored filters version).

But I have no idea on how hard they are to come by. Here is a decent site with a ton of e-light collectors (with stuff to sell). You can find some pretty neat stuff here.

http://www.elightbars.org

Rhino
11-15-2006, 02:27 AM
The trooper I spoke with yesterday (that drove my WSP SSP for all 4 years) stated that it had a Jetsonic for the first year, but was later switched out to a Code 3 unit due to better performance.

I suppose I can technically put either on it for a show, but thought I would ask. Seems like Jetsonics are pretty available, but the Code 3 model is a little harder to find (at least from what I have seen).

ImEvil1
11-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Probably harder to find....but I'd definitely prefer one over a Jetsonic. I don't know...I'm so used to seeing a Jet (my patrol cars all ran them until '96 or so), that anything is probably better to me.

Hoosier_Trooper_SSP
11-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Seems like Jetsonics are pretty available, but the Code 3 model is a little harder to find (at least from what I have seen).

Galls and/or O'Herron still has/makes them. m200pilot has a couple on the shelf too I think.

m200pilot
11-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Galls and/or O'Herron still has/makes them. m200pilot has a couple on the shelf too I think.

My secret stash has been revealed.

The Force4 LP is essentially the older version of the LP6000. The parts are pretty much interchangeable, although old Force4 LP domes would have to be slightly modified to fit on a LP6000 chassis.

The current LP6000s have a new style, plastic rotator. They're nice, but not period correct for an SSP.

LP6000s are always popping up on eBay. Brand new domes can be ordered from Galls for about $55/each. Kinda pricey, but new domes look GOOOOOOD. The old style rotator filters can be ordered from them too, for about $5/each. I even got a new, speaker cover (the one WITHOUT the holes) from Galls. I found their Code3 parts prices are compareable to other vendors.