PDA

View Full Version : Help with DSO 83 CAR.

r.a.w.rods
09-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey guys Im haveing a hard time looking up info on my car. Its a 91 Emerald green coupe with rear defrost. DSO 83 0189. I know its a Government car but thats all I can find out. I bought the car at a auction out of ky and have found alot of FLORIDA STATE TROOPER stickers in and on the windows of the car but thats all I have found. Any help would be great. Thanks Aaron.

CNTLOSE
09-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Have you done a carfax on her yet? That will give you the first clue as to where it was initially sold.

r.a.w.rods
09-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Have you done a carfax on her yet? That will give you the first clue as to where it was initially sold.

No not yet that was the next thing on my list to do. Only thing the police can give me here was the last owner witch was no help. I just hate to spend the $30 for 1 car fax but looks like thats what Ill have to do.

MOstang
09-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Somebody here may be able to run a Carfax for you.

ImEvil1
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't waste the $$$ running a Carfax, unless you are also hoping to see if it was involved in any accidents.

GSA ordered cars for multiple agencies under a series of successive DSOs. I have pics of in-service '91 FBI cars with 0191, which is very close to your 0189. There's really no way to tell, though, which agency it with was with unless you find some paperwork from wherever it was sold, make contact with whoever bought it at auction, etc. etc.

stubes
09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
is this the one that has been on ebay with the peeling side mouldings?

r.a.w.rods
09-27-2009, 12:36 AM
is this the one that has been on ebay with the peeling side mouldings?
No my car is and has not been on ebay.

Somebody here may be able to run a Carfax for you.
If someone here has CarFax and would run it for me that would be great. If not thats ok.

I wouldn't waste the $$$ running a Carfax, unless you are also hoping to see if it was involved in any accidents.
Dont look to have ever been hit but you never know. I was just going to do the carfax just to see were the car has been and were it served.

GSA ordered cars for multiple agencies under a series of successive DSOs. I have pics of in-service '91 FBI cars with 0191, which is very close to your 0189. There's really no way to tell, though, which agency it with was with unless you find some paperwork from wherever it was sold, make contact with whoever bought it at auction, etc. etc.
If you would post up the pictures in this thread that would be great. I would love to see some pictures.

ImEvil1
09-27-2009, 12:52 AM
If you would post up the pictures in this thread that would be great. I would love to see some pictures.

Pics are in the tech section on the main page.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Doortags.html

r.a.w.rods
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Pics are in the tech section on the main page.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Doortags.html

Thanks. I wish I could find more pictures of the cars them self. Ive had no luck with fbi or dea stuff.

ImEvil1
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks. I wish I could find more pictures of the cars them self. Ive had no luck with fbi or dea stuff.

No prob. What exactly are you looking for? You won't find many pics of those cars in-service, since they weren't marked and weren't involved in any typical LE work.

r.a.w.rods
09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
No prob. What exactly are you looking for? You won't find many pics of those cars in-service, since they weren't marked and weren't involved in any typical LE work.

Yeah I didnt think I would find many picutres, Wish I could find out what all was inside the car? Ive only got about 3 holes on the dash and nothing were the radio should be so what ever was there is gone. Cant find any other markings like were maybe lights would have been, but I guess thats why they call it undercover.

ImEvil1
09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah I didnt think I would find many picutres, Wish I could find out what all was inside the car? Ive only got about 3 holes on the dash and nothing were the radio should be so what ever was there is gone. Cant find any other markings like were maybe lights would have been, but I guess thats why they call it undercover.

FBI, DEA, et al used alot of Motorola Spectras (with A3 heads) like you can read about in the link below:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/spectra/spectra-index.html

Problem is...you don't really know what agency yours was from. Also, once you do get your car ID'd, there's also a ton of variation between how different divisions set up their cars.

ajstoys63
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Hello... Don't feel bad about trying to find info. I bought a 1991 Black LX that was a government car that was originally from New York. It is fully loaded, premium interior, automatic and only had something mounted on the center console. It also has a glass mounted antenna. But like you I can't find any history on the car. I have looked everywhere and there is no history for my car... But I like it all the same.

stadair
02-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm in the same boat, where I can't find any info on my car. The best I could do was a title search. It gave me the name of the guy I bought it from and the owners name before him. The guy I bought it from told me the guy he bought it from worked for the government, but that was all he could remember. And unfortunately, couldn't track that government guy down.