PDA

View Full Version : NCSHP SSP Restoration Guidebook

MOstang
10-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Hello,

I have been fortunate to gather a significant amount of detail from many generous people regarding how the North Carolina State Highway Patrol outfitted their SSP Mustangs. To that end I have started to author an NCSHP Restoration Guidebook as a means to document and share what I have learned. So far I have established the draft Table of Contents, overall Guidebook format and this morning composed the Forward and Introduction section.

Next I will begin section by section composing other part of the Guidebook. If folks have photographs, content information, stories / anecdotes, etc. they would like to contribute I would be most appreciative of anythings folks could offer up to help out. I don't particularly have a timetable for completing, but the initial publication will be Volume 1 so that updates may be incorporated for future volume publications.

This afternoon I added to my 90 NCSHP SSP the crown jewel of interior NCSHP SSP equipment, the Tait T-8000 vehicular repeaters / handheld radio charger unit. Hastily took a few photos while I still had some decent lighting. I've attached one for your viewing enjoyment.

Warm Regards,

ImEvil1
10-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Looks good, Mike.

FHP813
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice job Mike! Not many people would have taken the time and effort to locate the hard to find items for your car, they would have been satisfied with installing some "period correct" crap and called it restored. I'm glad you are doing it right as an example to all of us that take on the challenge of restoring one of these cars. :2thumbs: Good luck with the guide book also.

MOstang
10-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement...I appreciate the feedback. Still a work in progress, but a labor of love as they say.

Again would appreciate any photos; stories, articles, tech advice, etc. folks might like to contribute.

Thanks again.

Texaspony87
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice job Mike, way to go :)

MOstang
10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
So far I have about 36 physical hours into the "typing and formatting" stage of the document. Like many things with this hobby, it is difficult to pull away from once you start working on it. Getting very close to having it at a point of being able to print off for a deep edit.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that would like to buy a bound one of these from me. To be clear I am not doing this as a money making venture. Rather I need to avoid being out of pocket on the cost to have place like Kinkos print and bind them along with shipping cost in order to mail them to folks. At this time I don't know what that cost will be but that will be driven by the number of you who want to buy one of them. My goal, with a little help from the USPS, is to have them in your Christmas stocking.

Don't want to print any more than people would like (to avoid out of pocket cost to myself). By the same token want to take advantage of a quantity rate on the printing/binding as I won't be going back for 1 off binding/prints as will likely be quite a bit more costly.

Thanks for your feedback.

stadair
10-24-2009, 09:51 PM
What a nice challenge to compliment you car. Happy typing!

MOstang
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello,

I've finished my North Carolina State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang history and restoration guidebook (42 pages counting the front cover). To that end I'm ready to obtain pricing to print and bind it. To obtain the best pricing possible this will be the only time Volume 1 is professionally printed and bound.

So far I've heard from 3 different people who have specifically expressed their interest in buying one. Also if you have let me know you would like one, please confirm that by responding to this post or sending me another PM message to confirm your interest. Just want to make sure I have a good count as the number of interested people will directly impact how many I have printed and bound and therefore overall pricing.

Please let me know via this post or a PM message by Friday if you would like to obtain one. I will then obtain a quote for printing/binding + domestic shipping. Once I have that in hand, I will send a PM message to those who let me know they wanted one and request a PayPal payment.

Thank you and feel free to let me know if you should have any questions.

MOstang
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
A quick update for folks. The guidebook is done. I've obtained printing cost and just need to obtain a cost to ship. For those who have reached out I'll be contacting you in the next few days with a price and requesting pre-payment through PayPal before I go to print. If anyone is interested and hasn't contacted me I still have the flexibility to include you in my order, but would need for you to send me a PM message. Thanks everyone for your patience...I think it will be worth the wait.

MOstang
12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Just an fyi for those receiving...the NCSHP Guidebook is in the process of being professionally printed and spiral bound. Sounds like I'll have them some time this weekend. If that's the case I'll make sure to get them shipped out by end of next week. Will post another update once they're all done. Thanks.

dougphillips48
04-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Do you still have any of these guidebooks? I recently purchased a 1990 NCSHP ssp and although I don't plan to restore it to "in service" condition, I am going to repaint it in the original color scheme and keep it stock. The guidebook would be a nice reference piece. Thanks.

MOstang
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I just sent you a PM reply, thanks.

joefernandez
09-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Are this Guidebooks still available?

MOstang
09-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Sorry think they are all gone...if I find one, though, will let you know.