PDA

View Full Version : Federal Signal CC1 control cables

ImEvil1
03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
I stopped by a local electronics shop yesterday and bought everything needed for a CC1 control cable. I had some spare time today, so I put it together and tested it. Works great. :thumbsup: I need to go back by the shop and special-order the correct 10 conductor wire (something better than 18 gauge, which is all they had for this one), and I'll be able to do some more of these.

Andy
03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
They had them in stock?
http://i18.tinypic.com/2w5rk2a.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/47xgsp1.gif
also..... put that thing in the mail box this morning!
the thing that rhymes with Heck!

cable assembly looks great!...... it almost looks like you know what your doing:eek: just kidding:p

ImEvil1
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks...it'd look better if it was grey or black, but it works. They had both pieces in stock, as well as a million different kinds of cabling (although not the right stuff yet). I'll stop back in next week and see what I can come up with (I think they will special-order it for me).

NoDrama43
03-09-2007, 08:38 PM
very very nice ......:2thumbs: How much are they going to cost? 200.00 a set? oops I meant apiece??? :)

I figured the connectors would be fairly easy to find. Now you will be able to make cables for the rest of the sets without them right?

yo Bernie.....if you read this....I need you to fab me a copy of the radar bracket for my FHP unmarked car you might not know I have.....;)

ImEvil1
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
very very nice ......:2thumbs: How much are they going to cost? 200.00 a set? oops I meant apiece??? :)

I figured the connectors would be fairly easy to find. Now you will be able to make cables for the rest of the sets without them right?

I didn't think that the 20 year old connectors, weird as they are, would be easy to find. Luckily...this place has them.

It cost me $67 to buy the stuff I did to do this, but I'll have several more connectors to buy, depending on how many people end up needing these. (plus whatever the right cables end up costing).

86NeSSP
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I need one for mine!

mac88chp
03-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Excellent work Mike....sign me up for one!

FHP813
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I stopped by a local electronics shop yesterday and bought everything needed for a CC1 control cable. I had some spare time today, so I put it together and tested it. Works great. I need to go back by the shop and special-order the correct 10 conductor wire (something better than 18 gauge, which is all they had for this one), and I'll be able to do some more of these.

Very nice Mike!:takenotes:

FHP813
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
yo Bernie.....if you read this....I need you to fab me a copy of the radar bracket for my FHP unmarked car you might not know I have.....

No problem Jim, as soon as I get the one from Mike so I can measure it up. Should be pretty simple.:thumbsup: Congrats on getting the unmarked back.