PDA

View Full Version : North American Auto Show

MOstang
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm heading to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this Friday. This will be the 3rd one that I've attended since relocating here and it should be interesting to see how the mood compares with last year. I suspect will be signifcantly better. Particularly looking forward to seeing the new Mustangs.

NoDrama43
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
be careful and takes us some pictures... :thumbsup:

stadair
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
I'll be dragging the family out to the show on Wednesday, bright and early. Hope to be there shortly after the doors open.

Yeah, last year was sad. Since 1998 I've been talking about how great the show was to my father. Then last year he came out to see for himself... What a dissapointment I thought. He thought it was great, but he had never been before.

MOstang
01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
What a dissapointment I thought.
Having had the prior year to compare I agree last year was not as nice...that is outside of the Ford display. The GM and Chrysler displays were downright depressing. The quality of vehicles was a stark contrast between Ford and them as well and just the whole mood. Walking through the Ford displays you just felt a great deal of energy and much to be excited about. Walking through GM and Chrysler they just didn't have the quality product and you just had this sense things were going to get much worse before they got any better (and that's exactly what happened).

28HopUp
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
That show will be coming to Philadelphia soon. Our older son is 14yo, and he said that he wants to go. (good boy!)

mustangretriever
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Having had the prior year to compare I agree last year was not as nice...that is outside of the Ford display. The GM and Chrysler displays were downright depressing. The quality of vehicles was a stark contrast between Ford and them as well and just the whole mood. Walking through the Ford displays you just felt a great deal of energy and much to be excited about. Walking through GM and Chrysler they just didn't have the quality product and you just had this sense things were going to get much worse before they got any better (and that's exactly what happened).

So did you take any pics?

MOstang
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I didn't take any from last year, but will take a camera with me when I go Friday.

stadair
01-19-2010, 11:16 PM
On the news today, I heard that 15,000 more people attended over the weekend (Sat & Sun) than last year's frist weekend! Total numbers were over 180,000!

I'll be heading out to the show in the morn'. Planning on arriving soon after the doors open. I hear lots of good things about this years show. Looking forward to be pleased.

stadair
01-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Just came back from the NAIAS. It was good. Here are a few pics that I think are appropriate for this forum.

:D

stadair
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Whoa! Those pics came out a little big, did they!?

MOstang
01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I made it to the North American International Auto Show today here in Detroit. Much improved over last year and Ford definately takes home the prize once again this year :2thumbs:. While I am biased it is no contest and anyone with their head screwed on correctly that attends would have to agree with me...Ford easily wins best of show!

Took a few photos and attached to my Fotki album...see linky...

http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/various--special-se/photographs/north-american-inte/2010/

The Mustangs looked great, as always. I really liked Steve Saleens SMS Challengers (particularly the purple one). A little diappointed he did not have any of his new SMS Mustangs on display (other than in an ad banner).

Of no surprise much better mood at the show this year. Walking the floor it was clearly obvious which auto makers took handouts from the American People. Hope you enjoy the photos :yes:.

woodsideg
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
nice pics

stadair
01-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I really liked Steve Saleens SMS Challengers (particularly the purple one). A little diappointed he did not have any of his new SMS Mustangs on display (other than in an ad banner).

I really liked that purple Challenger, too. My pictures of it just don't do the paint justice. In person, didn't that paint just POP!

ImEvil1
01-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Great photos....thanks for posting them up.

MOstang
01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
I really liked that purple Challenger, too. My pictures of it just don't do the paint justice. In person, didn't that paint just POP!
Toshi - You're absoltely right! I had the same reaction as I looked at my photos. Lighting wasn't that great in the area where SMS had their display and that had to be the most dynamic purple color I've ever seen on a car. If I had the $$$ that one would be on my wish list, no doubt!