PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Memories All Ford Car Show

stadair
04-03-2010, 04:52 PM
This year the annual Mustang Memories All Ford Car Show and Swap Meet will be held at Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan on August 8th. It is hosted by the Mustang Owners Club of Southeast Michigan of which I am a member of. Mark your calendars! It's going to be a good time! Below is a link to more information.

http://www.mocsem.com/events/event_detail.php?eventid=272

MOstang
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Can't wait! Then again I don't want to rush the summer too much. I'll be attending the annual SAAC club show at Ford WHQ in early June as well. A good warmup for Mustang Memories. As my young son gets a little older I hope to be a more active MOCSEM member :thumbsup:.

28HopUp
04-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Are either of you going to the Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise (http://ctgratiotcruise.com/) the weekend before on 8/01/2010? Mustang Forums is holding their 3rd Annual Northern/Michigan Meet & Greet (http://mustangforums.com/forum/mid-west/594314-2010-mustangforums-com-michigan-northern-us-m-and-g.html#post6918367) in conjunction with that event, and I am toying with the idea of traveling up to Michigan.

MOstang
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi Bill - That one hadn't hit my radar yet (no pun intended), but looks like a pretty good size event. I haven't been here in town for too long yet, so maybe Toshi has some insight on it.

stadair
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I have not heard anything about this. Heck, I didn't have any idea where Clinton Township was! Now...I'm getting mixed ideas as to which cruise/carshow this is because we've got the Gratiot Cruise in Metro Detroit. Is it that? Or are you really talking about up north near Gaylord/Alpena area?

stadair
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
O.K. I think that I may have answered my own question...Detroit is where we're talking about. Gratiot Ave and 14 mile approximately. I've been to that one, but quite a few years ago. It could be possible to attend this year.

stadair
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Less than 7 weeks 'till Mustang Memories!

stadair
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Here's the link for the show flyer:

http://www.mocsem.com/events/documents/2010_Mustang_Memories_Flyer.pdf

Come on out! I've heard we've got six semi-trucks coming out to fill the vendor area!

CNTLOSE
06-23-2010, 02:48 PM
We might try to make it...it is on my birthday so I will use that to my advantage.

MOstang
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
We might try to make it...it is on my birthday so I will use that to my advantage.
That would be great Matt. I'll be out there with my Missouri SSP :) . It's a HUGE show...attracts #'s bigger than most MCA shows.

CNTLOSE
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
That would be great Matt. I'll be out there with my Missouri SSP :) . It's a HUGE show...attracts #'s bigger than most MCA shows.

I have always wanted to go and take a tour of Ford museum. Might make it a getaway weekend. Will let you guys know as we get closer to the event.

stadair
07-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Less than two weeks to show time!

Just heard that a motorcycle club is supposed to roll in with 100+ bikes. And that Selfridge AFB is going to send some heavy iron over our heads at 2 PM. Alan Mulally is also supposed to show.

Texaspony87
07-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Hope that is not a 1% er MC club!

stadair
07-27-2010, 06:05 PM

We're shooting for 50% of our club members to show. That would be almost 200. I really don't see that happening unfortunately. 100 at best. :No no:

MOstang
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I think by 1%er motorcycle club Joe's using a term to describe Outlaw Biker Clubs. I'm with Joe and hope not that type of group that shows. :eek:

By the way just sent in my pre-registration...will be there w/the MSHP SSP. I've had occassion to meet Mr. Mulally through work and what a real personable man he is...would be great if he made a visit.

stadair
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM

OH! I did not know the MC ment Motorcycle Club. No, I don't think it's a outlaw club that will be coming. What ever club it is, they were invited by our board is what I understand.

Looking forward to seeing you and your car Mike!

CNTLOSE
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Does not look like we are going to make the show. Wife's vacation time is getting low and we are committed to Ashville so I think we will be passing this time around. :(

stadair
07-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Does not look like we are going to make the show. Wife's vacation time is getting low and we are committed to Ashville so I think we will be passing this time around. :(

Maybe next year...

MOstang
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
That's too bad Matt, but we'll be sure to take pics. Sounds like we're going to have a few SSP's there this year. :cool:

CNTLOSE
07-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I was really hoping to go to this one. I have never been to Dearborn and really want to go to the Henry Ford Museum. I will have to mark it down for next year. Hope you guys have a great time!

stadair
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
As of this afternoon there are 207 pre-registered show cars for Mustang Memories! :2thumbs:

MOstang
08-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Toshi - That sounds like a lot of cars to pre-register. Do you know what compares with prevoius years?

stadair
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Toshi - That sounds like a lot of cars to pre-register. Do you know what compares with prevoius years?

I think that we have passed last years pre-registration numbers. And if past years indicate anything, pre-registrations count for less than 50% of total show numbers.

MOstang
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I think that we have passed last years pre-registration numbers. And if past years indicate anything, pre-registrations count for less than 50% of total show numbers.
That's kind of what I was thinking and should be over 500 cars. Being at Ford WHQ that should help too...a desirable location for such a show :D. I enjoy going to the annual SAAC show there too.

stadair
08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Tomorrow is the BIG Day! This morning I'll be out at the show grounds helping set up and meeting with some of my judges. Then home to clean the Mustang. The wife and I will be getting up at 5:30 AM tomorrow to hit Tim Horton's for breakfast and then off to the show for a 6:30 show. Am anxious for the show. I hear that there will be 3 or 4 from this forum there! Excited to meet two of them and to see the other two. And I've arranged for us to all park together. Hope to get some good pics of our cars.

28HopUp
08-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Have fun Toshi! Take plenty of pics

stadair
08-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Have fun Toshi! Take plenty of pics

Will do!

MOstang
08-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Kudos to Toshi and the others who ran today's show. A great one for sure with over 600 cars (probably 90% Mustangs). Joe Horvath had his 87 Texas DPS; Bruce Howard with his 92 Michigan State Police; Toshi had his 93 CHP; myself with the 93 Missouri State Highway Patrol. Lot's of fun today...beautiful cars...SSP's looked great. I'll try to post some more in next day or two after I have some more time to sort through them. Sorry I'm not pro material on the photographs. Hopefully the 50th will be here...we sure made a great bid for it today.

As an aside the fellow who won the giveaway of the old Shelby and new new 1 of 1 Shelby GT500 Patriot edition was presented the keys today. This is the one that has been advertised everywhere...Mustang Dream Giveaway I believe...donations were for charity. However, in an interesting display he donated them right back to the charitable organization so sounds like they will likely go back up for the right to win again this time next year.

stadair
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I finally have some time to write! I've been busy...and tired from Sunday. Thanks Joe & Bruce for bringing out your beautiful SSP Mustangs to Mustang Memories & All Fords Car Show. It was also great to have you, Mike, out there with your wonderful SSP. If you click on:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/slideshow/automotive/24593291/detail.html

you will see a few pictures of our cars. One pic shows me and Mike's backs towards the camera, while we were chatting away.

stadair
08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Aww Mike, you had to take a picture of the [U]bad[U] side of my SSP, didn't you. LOL. Someday it'll be as good looking as its company.

The car count for the show was 623 registared cars. 24 in the car corral. And a whole lot in the midway! This show was a record setter.