PDA

View Full Version : 1984 FHP on Ebay....

svopaul
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
That price is cheap I think considering what has been done and how rare they are!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130092969658&fromMakeTrack=true

ImEvil1
03-21-2007, 07:41 PM
That's Tom Tate's car...wonder why he is selling it?

FHP813
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
My buddy is looking for a 4 eyed ssp, I'm going to tell him about this one. Other than the crappy paint job it doesn't look bad.

ImEvil1
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Is anyone here planning on bidding?? At that price, with those NOS parts, that's a deal.....

svopaul
03-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I can't believe there are no bids on that car!!!! I just don't care for the early coupes and already have too many projects but I agree with all the NOS stuff and the fact that it runs and drives with cold A/C makes that car a STEAL at that price!!!

NoDrama43
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
there will be someone bidding at the end. why bid now when there is no reserve?? place a bid with five seconds left and get the car for 2900.00 or possibly more if other snipers chime in. It is a 5k car all day in my book. How many other 84 FHP cars are out there that are in that condition?

svopaul
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
there will be someone bidding at the end. why bid now when there is no reserve?? place a bid with five seconds left and get the car for 2900.00 or possibly more if other snipers chime in. It is a 5k car all day in my book. How many other 84 FHP cars are out there that are in that condition?

I too was thinking it was a $5K car all day long. I figure someone will come in at the end but at such a low price I would have expected some people just marking their spot so to speak. The Pro's will wait and snipe it but there are usually others that bid early.

NoDrama43
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
seller ended the auction early???? reminds me of the famous FHP bucktag sale that never was. :rolleyes:

ImEvil1
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Maybe he was worried about the car not drawing enough interest? It takes two to have a bidding war....

svopaul
03-28-2007, 08:46 AM
The car was sold outside of ebay. I know if I was selling it and there were no bids I'd take an offer rather than sit and hope someone bid on it for less money. It sat for a week with no bids....so it's not like bids were cancelled. I had a set of SN95 tail lights on ebay for $9.99 with no reserve....6 days later I had no bids and got to thinking that it really wasn't worth $10 for me to go through the hassle of boxing them up so I ended the auction. Now if someone had come along and offered me $25 to end the auction and I had no bids on the 6th day...I would have taken it and ended the auction.

Sometimes it pays to "mark your spot" and place a bid....then later go in at the last second.

ImEvil1
03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Sometimes it pays to "mark your spot" and place a bid....then later go in at the last second.

That's what I was getting at...nothing wrong with placing one bid to show interest. The problem starts when people think that they have to be winning the auction with days left-to-go. It really only matters who is winning when the auction ends.

Who did it sell to and for how much? (if you have that info)

svopaul
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what I was getting at...nothing wrong with placing one bid to show interest. The problem starts when people think that they have to be winning the auction with days left-to-go. It really only matters who is winning when the auction ends.

Who did it sell to and for how much? (if you have that info)

I've lost out on a few things because there were no bids and the seller ended the auction because they didn't feel it was getting what it should...but it depends on the item whether I "mark a spot" or not....But I agree...sometimes people go crazy before the end. Of Course that's good for the seller and bad for the buyer. As a seller I love to see it go up....but as a bidder I hate it...so it's a double edged sword.

I don't know who bought it.....I had a friend who was slightly interested in it and emailed him when it was closed and the response came back that he sold it for $3500 I think. If anyone is disappointed they missed it they probably should have emailed him to see if he would take an offer.....but that's another double edged sword. I hate it when people ask me for a Buy it now price when I list something but at the same time if it's something you really want you just want to ask the seller.

ImEvil1
03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I just checked my email, and he emailed me this morning and confirmed the $3500, but didn't say who it was. If you find out, have them sign up. :)

NoDrama43
03-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I think it is great if the car sold !!!! Hopefully the new owner will join up and give the car the restoration it deserves. :2thumbs:

svopaul
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't know who ended up with it...but whoever it was got a heck of a deal!

NoDrama43
03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
yep. I would have never let that car go for that price.

Alan
04-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I just checked my email, and he emailed me this morning and confirmed the $3500, but didn't say who it was. If you find out, have them sign up. :)

I'm the lucky buyer. The hunt started in January when I was up in Cleveland, GA on my honeymoon. We had just left Babyland Genearl (yeah...don't ask...the wife wanted to go there to get a $200 cabbage patch doll) when I saw two beautiful 4-eyed SSP Mustangs: one 83-84 and one 85-86. Thought it would have made the ultimate honeymoon gift to myself to pick one up and drive it back down to FL, but the dealer wanted $7900 each.

Fast forward to March when I saw this jewel in the rough. The car had the trifecta of Foxbody rarity: 4-eye coupe, SSP, and not beat to shit. I figured there would be a bidding war on this so I decided to take a shot in the dark by emailing the seller to see if he would sell outside of auction. To my suprise he was willing to do a local deal and the car was mine.

I'm still wondering why there wasn't at least one bid on it. Generally the Ebay vultures swoop in at the last hour or so, but there is usually some bidding before that. Very odd.

I'll make a formal introduction in another thread, but figured I'd throw a post here for anyone who is interested.

predator20
04-05-2007, 12:35 AM
I was considering bidding on it. But I don't bid on stuff till the last minute. You beat me and probably a few others. It's your car and you can do what you want to it. But I would keep it the way that it is, except for the paint. Go back to black. Welcome to the board.

mac88chp
04-05-2007, 01:50 AM
The hunt started in January when I was up in Cleveland, GA on my honeymoon. We had just left Babyland Genearl (yeah...don't ask...the wife wanted to go there to get a $200 cabbage patch doll) when I saw two beautiful 4-eyed SSP Mustangs: one 83-84 and one 85-86. Thought it would have made the ultimate honeymoon gift to myself to pick one up and drive it back down to FL, but the dealer wanted $7900 each.That dealer must have been the infamous Universal Chevrolet and if one of those SSPs was a white '84, it was probably the Milpitas PD car I owned at one time. They had an '84 CHP for sale once upon a time too.

Alan
04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
That dealer must have been the infamous Universal Chevrolet and if one of those SSPs was a white '84, it was probably the Milpitas PD car I owned at one time. They had an '84 CHP for sale once upon a time too.

Can't remember the name of the dealership off the top of my head. It seemed to be an independent mom n' pop type of place. All I could see that they had up for sale on the lot were the two SSP's (both with newer white paintjobs) and a red aero-nosed coupe on Welds. The SSPs were in good shape, but the price was quite steep.

Copcars
04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Can't remember the name of the dealership off the top of my head. It seemed to be an independent mom n' pop type of place. All I could see that they had up for sale on the lot were the two SSP's (both with newer white paintjobs) and a red aero-nosed coupe on Welds. The SSPs were in good shape, but the price was quite steep.

It is one of Universal Chevrolet's used car lots located a few blocks from the dealership.

Charles

predator20
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM

If you hadn't made an offer on the 84 FHP. Universal Chevrolet would probably been one of the bidders on ebay. They probably would have just put a black paint job on it, do a few minor things to it. Then pop a $7000 price tag on it. Universal Chevrolet was one of the bidders on my 86 FHP when it was first on ebay. I think....