PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Question

Unmrkd
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know the correct trunk placement for the locking lug nut "Decal"? This is the one with English information on the left side and French information on the right side. It is approximately 3" X 5 3/4".

ImEvil1
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Gregg,

My '93 still has the locking lugs in the package wrapped around the lug wrench. The decal may be wrapped in that package (surrounded by cardboard, IIRC), but there isnt one stuck on my car anywhere. This is the '93 I bought new; not my SSP.

MOstang
05-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Gregg - After picking up my 89 Minnesota SSP and bringing it home this this coming weekend I'll take a look around for you. The lug "key" is in a little tan envelope in the trunk along side the spare tire. I'll have to look to see about a decal. Thanks!

Unmrkd
05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks guys for your responses. As usual the answer was close at hand but just out of sight. When you both mentioned the brown pouch I went to the wife's '89 LX 5.0 Convertible that we purchased new off the showroom floor. Under the mini spare was the illusive brown pouch with all the info.

The pouch has a part # of: E9AC 17A147 AA. It contains a small plastic bag inside with the locking lug nuts and instruction sheet. Attached to the back side of the pouch is a small clear sleeve containing the "Decal" and a instruction tag. Seperate instructions glued to the sleeve state that the decal is to be placed "Adjacent" to the jacking instructions and the tag to be placed on the windshield wiper control stalk. The lug wrench has a cable lanyard with the lock key and a small brown envelope containing a registration card to obtain a replacement key. The lug wrench also has a sticker in both English and French stateing "Do not use impact wrench on lock nut key".

There you have it, mystery solved and another little piece of history for these cars. :thumbsup: Thanks again folks.

ImEvil1
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks, Gregg....great info.

MOstang
05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Gregg - Glad our little pieces of info were good clues to help you out.