PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to find MS. SSP

bull
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I've lurked around here for a while, and like you guys, am very interested in SSP Mustangs, I know Mississippi had several of them (i know this because I've had them in my rear veiw, been stopped by them, ect...) and was curious, Does anyone know of the whereabouts of any of these cars? I would be very interested in trying to acquire one

Thanks
John

28HopUp
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Not sure on the location of any SSP's from Mississippi, but welcome to the site! SSP's constantly turn up from different jurisdictions, so good luck on your hunt!

bull
05-19-2010, 10:50 AM
thanks for the welcome, I'm also into 85 Mustangs, I would like to have an 85 SSP to join my 85 T-Top, however I'll stick to a MS car first.

MOstang
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome...here's a link to some in-service pics in the gallery of this website.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Gallery/MISS.htm

Those were pretty rare and I can't recall if we've had anyone turn up with one here. Seems to me I recall either here or on .org someone turning up with one that wasn't very original anymore but I can't remember for sure. Maybe another member will chime in to confirm or deny that recollection.

ImEvil1
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
John,

Like Mike said, one did surface recently over on .ORG, and I also think it was modified or not being restored or something to that effect.

They are still out there somewhere....and very cool cars for sure. Good luck...the hunt is half the fun. :)

MOstang
05-19-2010, 08:02 PM
They are still out there somewhere....and very cool cars for sure. Good luck...the hunt is half the fun. :)
Mike's right about that and my Minnesota State Patrol surfacing is a good example of even the rare ones have a way of turning up. I wish you the best in your search as it would be very cool to see one of these returned back to in-service condition. :luck:

CNTLOSE
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
I think the one that did turn up was in a junk yard...and the finder did not want reveal the exact location of the junk yard.

FlyinTiger
05-22-2010, 11:26 AM
That was a second one. The first, like Mike said, is being modded, but is still around to be restored later.

bull
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
In a junkyard? Where is the guy posting from? What city, I would be able to narrow down the junkyard, Other than that, would I go to the MDOT and find out who the cars were sold to to hunt one down? Would they give me that kind of intel?

MOstang
05-22-2010, 04:36 PM
would I go to the MDOT and find out who the cars were sold to to hunt one down? Would they give me that kind of intel?
Most of the state now cite privacy laws re: this type of info.

ImEvil1
05-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't know anything about one in a junkyard....but the guy over on ORG that is modding the '91 he owns is from "Noxapater, ms" according to his profile.

His email address is jason_holdiness@yahoo.com.

He posted this in 2007....looks like he must have gotten rid of the original engine since then:

Ok guys , Let me start with given you all some info . My name is Jason and I'm from Noxapater MS . It's a very small town about 90 miles northeast of Jackson . My SSP is a 91 . It's an aod car that's medium titainium gray with titainium interior. I don't know for sure , but I believe all MS cars were the same color . I'm almost sure they were all aod cars . I can remember they were taken out of service in the mid 90's because the state wanted all of the cars uniformed ( crown vics ) . I was in the middle of putting this car together to be a low 11 sec. street car but after seeing what I have I don't think I can now ! The problem now is there are a lot of things missing from the car . I have the original engine , but the tranny and most of the original underhood accesories are m.i.a. . The car ran the first 2 years i owned it ( not very well ) and it has sat the last 3 as a roller. I have no problem trying to restore it . I can find another coupe to build . The only question is , being that i can't make it all original , is it worth doing ? I do have the buck tags , they have been removed so me and a friend can install a new radiator support and repaint the engine bay . I will also need to have the right frame rail pulled on a frame machine. The car was ditched sometime before my ownership . It has the original hood and fenders ( the right fender will have to be replaced ) But it has an aftermarket frt bumper . The car went through about 4 other people before I got it . Trust me it's been rode hard and put up wet. Some advice would be great guys , thanks !

CNTLOSE
05-22-2010, 06:26 PM
The junkyard one was talked about last summer. The yard would not sell the whole car the OP stated. Many parts were already gone...but I do not re-call if it had been crashed or just dropped off due to condition.