PDA

View Full Version : Third brake light cover.

w4ata
03-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm looking for a tan third brake light cover for my 89 FHP or a whole light would be ok too. The one I have is grey. Also looking for a good drivers side arm rest pad that is tan for manual windows.

ImEvil1
03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Bud,

That's going to be a tough color to find. Have you considered diassembling and spraying the one you have? I dyed the center armrest assembly on my old '92 with great results, and plan on doing the same with a NOS armrest (in white) for my '93 FHP.

w4ata
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Mike,
Thats probably what I'll end up doing. Does anybody sell the door arm rest pads? I need to get some grey spray also for the center console on the 93 LX hatchback I'm going to sell. The ash tray lid was missing and the center bar that holds the ash tray in place is broken on the original one and I ran across a titanium center in good shape that needs to be grey.
Bud

ImEvil1
03-31-2007, 11:42 AM
I think that 5.0 Resto sells them...but there's always a bunch of them listed on Ebay, too.

FlyinTiger
03-31-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll check on the armrest when I go pay for the 85 coupe that I am buying for its tan interior at the local Mustang bone yard. Next to it is a tan on tan late 80's hatchback, but I can't remember if it had manual windows. Interior was very complete if anyone needs front seats, dash or console parts.

jarhed123
04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
When you paint the new third brake light cover and other interrior parts make you have the right paint so that it does not peel off on you in a couple of months. At the paint store they can mix up the paint to stick to the plastic.