PDA

View Full Version : FHP interior pics?

SSPaul
06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I am trying to put my 88 FHP back to original tan interior,its now gray and black. And I need to know about the trim around the headliner and the sill plates. I believe the upper trim is all grayish black and the lower is tan but some pictures would really help me out. Also did these Florida cars come with the swivel pen light or was there a ticket light installed in its place? Thanks in advance , any help is really appreciated.

FHP0827
06-04-2010, 12:11 AM
It seems like most fhp's had the round plastic police dome light up front, but exceptions are the rule as these cars were upfitted in several different locations and by many different people. For example, the '90 I had back in the 90's didn't have a police dome light, only the factory setup. Out of the two cars I have now, one has the typical round police style up front, and the other has a different style, a rectangular plastic aftermarket one with a slider switch. Look at the dome lamp wiring harness up front: if the harness is cut off and has butt connectors, it probably had one of the FHP installed lamps, most likely the round style.

SSPaul
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
thanks for the info,my car has some weird light up there now. Could be like the odd one your describing. How about the pillar and headliner trims, all black? Anyway you could post some interior pics of your car? I would be very grateful!

FHP0827
06-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure all the trim there would have been the charcoal. Actually, I'm not sure if there was any colors besides that. Look at Cntlose's profile, I think he has an album of his '88.

Cobra Jet
06-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Paul,

Your interior should mimick the interior of SSP.net Member "CNTLOSE" - here is his online photo album which shows some interior shots of his FHP SSP w/ tan interior:

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1988%20FHP/

I'm sure he would also be willing to assist with other interior related questions too - just thought I'd interject the info for you for a head start... LOL

CNTLOSE
06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I think I have the link here in my signature that has some interior shots of mine. If not I will load it up later.

w4ata
06-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Here are some more in my links also. Don't know if the 88 and 89 were the same or not, hope this helps.

SSPaul
06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
thanks for the great pics they are helping alot.

CNTLOSE
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
thanks for the great pics they are helping alot.

No problem. If you need a certain shot let me know and I will get it for you. My interior...other than the headliner...is all original so it should be a good reference for you.